cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard TV WD for abap. Changing portal theme takes no effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using SAP EP 7.00 SP14 and SAP ECC 6.0. I've created a portal theme. When executing any TV Abap Webdynpro iView, they appears with the standard theme.

Please, I need help. What can I do for displaying standard WD for Abap with the customized theme?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ABAP system is: SAP_ABA 700 SP18. That means that Portal (SP14) and ECC(SP18) are not compatible... but 1106004 note is for SP 12..

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> The ABAP system is: SAP_ABA 700 SP18. That means that Portal (SP14) and ECC(SP18) are not compatible... but 1106004 note is for SP 12..

That is the source of your problem. Your ABAP system is of a later SP level than the portal. It can't use the portal styles becuse they wouldn't match up to the APIs of the backend.

The information in note 1106004 is important. This was specific to SP12 not identifying itself to the portal correctly. It identified itself as SP13 and therefore no portal style sheet was applied.

But you have this actual situation. Your ABAP system is a later SP level than your Portal.

You have two choices - upgrade your portal and keep it at the same SP level as the ABAP backend. This will allow you to continue to use the customized themes from the portal. Your other choice is to treat the portal theme as standalone and edit the theme as though the ABAP system is running without a portal. You will have to use the unsupported Eclispe Theme Editor and get the correct SP version of the the standard them. You can then repeat the them customization in the standalone editor on the SP18 version of the theme and upload it into your ABAP MIME Repository.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it works!

Thank you&Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Basis person will upgrade portal SP. I'll write you back when it finishes.

Thank you&Regars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've tried to create a new WDA iView and it's still not working. Properties: Supply portal stylesheet=yes and Stylesheet=ur. Is the last one correct or do I have to put something different?

I've checked 1106004 note and it's for SP12 and we use SP14. Please, what can I do for this SP so as to resolve the problem?

Thank you

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your portal is SP14 - what SP level is your ABAP system? If the ABAP system is at a higher SP level it will fall back to using the system theme because the portal theme will not be compatible - as described in one of those OSS notes. If they are the same release/SP level and you are sure you have the iView setup correctly - then you should consider opening a support ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I'm using standard iViews from Eph2: (pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.travel_expenses). They're not URL iViews are WDA iViews.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you upload the custom theme into r/3 where WDA application is running.

search sdn for BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS and you will come up with many threads

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You don't have to upload the them if you are using the portal. That is only necessarily if you are running your WDA standalone. The theme should come over automatically if the Web Dynpro ABAP iView was used as the template.

You might try creating a new iView for a WDA to see if there is some override setting placed in the iView since it was delivered standard. The steps for creating WDA iViews can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/1d/e4a34273f60b31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also you might check OSS notes. I found one note offhand - 1106004 - that describes just this problem.

The theme can also get disabled if the ABAP system happens to be a higher release or SP level than the portal.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What type of iView are you creating for the Web Dynpro ABAP application. Be sure to use the Web Dynpro iView template and not a URL iView template.