cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT for inserting data in table of BW system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all... i want to make application were i am accessing Z_bapi of BW system to display detail data as well one moew Z_bapi to insert data in BW system..

Please tell me wether BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is necessary to commit as like in R3 for insertion of data in R3 system.

Regards:

Hanif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx solved the query

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hanif,

In ABAP, a transaction is completed either using a COMMIT WORK command or a ROLLBACK command. A BAPI transaction must be ended by calling the function modules BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT method executes a COMMIT WORK command in the ABAP system. It is required for transactions developed externally in the ABAP system that change data in the system via BAPI calls. When you call BAPIs in your client application that change data in the ABAP system, you must then call this method to write the changes to the database.

You need to Import BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and possibly BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK in your ARFC model and execute them as required.

See [this tutorial|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d352a790-0201-0010-5082-b1a608d22b6c] for further help.

Hope this helps.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vishwas thanx for reply...

U r rite BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is needed to commit work in R3

but just i hav to confirm that this BAPI is also used for BW related BAPI also as GOPAL is also telling same,and as i am using BW system related BAPIs for inserting data in BW tables as like R3 table using repected BAPIs..

Regards:

Hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

Yes you should have a BAPI_Transaction_commit.

Regards,

Gopal.