cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter parameter "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" is gone

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using PI 7.1 and we have the problem that the file adapter (ftp) picks up incomplete files from time to time. That causes a mapping error.

Have a look at sap note 821267 question 3.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=821267

Here you can find a solution. But in reality this parameter isn't there. And if you check the current documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/655453b48a4ddfe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

you can't find this parameter too.

Has anybody of you the same effect? Does anybody of you know the reason? And the most important question is: What is the solution for this problem. The suggested work around in this note isn't possible for us.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be this thread can give you some idea to deal with your problem.. see my reply there

Sorry this will not help you here..

One solution which I think is.....

Put file in your source directory with diff name, and write an script which will rename it to its original name.

The logic for scrip should be something like this.

First of all when reading the file for the very first time then check the size and wait for 10 sec and then again check the size. If both size are same then scrip should rename the file to its original name.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Mar 26, 2009 4:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sarvesh. This is a solution I was thinking about too. But I'm a little bit afraid that this is another source of errors. Perhaps I will try it anyhow.

But I'm still asking me why SAP has deleted this parameter.

BTW If I choose adapter type File / SAP BASE 6.40 (not 7.10) I get this parameter back.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gill,

Did you check under all the different tabs?

May be there is some check box which makes it invisible.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked all the tabs and values. The parameter is gone. And as you can see at the current online documentation this parameter isn't documented.

That's why I've asked if anybody has still this parameter.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

there is an option "Process read only files". why not make use of this?

you can run a OS command to set the file as readonly before message processing.

Or if the file is created by any other application, it can set the file as read only... if you have a chance?

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I can see this an option of the adapetr type FNS but I use type FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this case , u still can run the OS command to set the file as read only before message processing.

In case, the file is still being written, the command will fail. You can anyway specify the timeout.

If the commands fails and timeout occurs, the message will not be processed.

So, either u process complete message or wait for the next poll. (with the "Terminate program after timout" option)

Edited by: Raghu KB on Mar 26, 2009 9:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I will try something like that (see the suggestions from above) but my hope was that anybody knows why this option is no longer available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm.. probably an OSS call will help

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just got hold of a PI 7.1 system....i too can't see that option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you. I will try it with a OSS call.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt if that option is avaiable..

however you have two other options:

1. ask sending application to write in folder A and XI to read from folder B ...use a script to transfer files from A to B..this would be a hard disk pointer transfer hence no problem will come

2. ask sending app to write files with name say abc* and XI to read files with name xyz*...a script would rename the files