cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in job for connection to CUA System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with the two jobs in the u2018AS ABAP - Initial loadu2019 for a CUA system. According to the log is seems to be a memory issue!!!!

Extract from the logfile:

u2026u2026u2026

26.03.2009 09:57:31 :I:Initializing custom pass FromSAP: ReadABAPRoles

26.03.2009 09:57:31 :I:Initializing MX SAP BAPI object

26.03.2009 09:57:31 :W:Filter not supported when Listing CUA Roles. Ignoring 😘

26.03.2009 09:57:35 :E:Unhandled Error in DSERuntime

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space (failed to allocate 84038672 bytes)

u2026u2026u2026

This error is related to the both the jobs: ReadABAPRoles and ReadABAPProfiles.

Please note:

Setting the %$rep.CUA_MASTER% equal u2018falseu2019 using the repository constant works for the both jobs (only the roles and/or profile in u2018localu2019 system the is read meaning no data from the subsystems in the CUA is read )

Any suggestions for handling this problem??

Best Regards

Tom Svarre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joachimvanpraet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to edit your dispatcher script.

You can find it in <idm Installation directory>/Identity center/Service-scripts

Change the JAVAOPTIONS proprty to JAVAOPTIONS=-Xmx1024M.

Restart the dispatcher and restart your job, normally that will fix yout issue...

kr,

Joachim

former_member207428
Participant
0 Kudos

The text you enter in the dispatcher script after JAVAOPTIONS= is passed on as one parameter to the java executable. When you set JAVAOPTIONS=-Xmx256M -Xmx256M the effect is like the commandline java "-Xmx256M -Xms256M" java interprets this as an illegal heap size and refuses to start.

If you want to specify more than one javaoption, you also have to set MXDISPATCHER_EXECSTRING=1

This option causes the dispatcher to pass the arguments to the java executable as one string instead of split into separate parameters.

The reason this option is not turned on by default, is that this can cause problems with paths and parameters containing special characters that causes the command line interpreter to fail.

In your case, only specifyng the -Xmx is probably the best solution. Specifying -Xms will cause heavier load on the system also for jobs thatdoes not need a large heap.