cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply MI Clent Patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deployed "NWMCLIENT09_0-20000910.SCA" and downloaded and installed the MI 7.0 SP9 Patch 00. But to resolve some synchronization problem SAP suggest to apply "NWMCLIENT09P_5-20000910.SCA",i.e. Patch 05. I have deployed this SCA to server but now how can I upgrade my client patch level? While trying to sownload the client again from the download link it downloading the old installer with Patch 00.

Thanks & Regards,

Subhayu De Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhayu,

It is pretty simple. Search and add the following named (or similarly named) mobile component to your chosen device: MI70_SP09_PATCH_JSP (the version detail of the component will give you the version number for example 700905.

Hope that solves your query.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

But after deploying the sca file the component not found in the component list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhayu,

If the file was successfully deployed, you should be able to see it in the mobile component list. Mine reads like this (I have copied and pasted text from table when I search under mobile components - so may not be aligned below):

Name Version Application Type Runtime Description

MI70_SP14_PATCH_JSP 701400 ADDON JSP SAP Netweaver Mobile Client

Please also check the status of the uploaded/deployed sca in SDM. Try reloading/refreshing the mobile admin byclicking on the "Reload" button in the search bar of Mobile components in NWA.

You can also check whether the .sca file was proper in the first place. It is just a zip file, so you can see the contents using a client like Windows XP's built in Compressed folders or WinRAR. Under optionally a folder called deploy archives in the sca/zip file you will have all the components that will be uploaded.

If nothing works and you have checked the successful deployment of sca, try retstarting the j2ee engine by sending it to a softshutdown from SMICM.

That should normally solve your issue.

Regards,

Veera

Relative Note: Deploying option is available in NWA, it is under Mobile Archive converter. You have an option - SDA/SCA Deployment at the bottom.