cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit themes for Web Dynpro for ABAP Applications (NW 2004s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

is there a possibility to edit a theme with the ABAP workbench? At the moment I only know the way to edit a theme for Web Dynpro with the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. This is not very useful for people who are working on the ABAP stack.

If there is no integrated editor, will SAP integrate an editor for Web Dynpro themes in future releases?

Regards,

Georg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a possibility to edit SAP themes without Netweaver. You can use Eclipse and a standalone version wich is downloadeable in SDN. Just take a look at this: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/136dd890-0201-0010-1b9d-bd0.... But take care of having installed correct versions of J2EE engine e.g.

Best regards,

Claus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I haven't tried with WDA yet, but there was a way to edit themes in BSP. You can use the ABAP program BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS to both export and import entire structures from the Mime Repository. Although it has BSP in the name of the program, it really isn't BSP specific as it can working against anything in the Mime Repository.

What we used to do is export the entire theme structure using this program. You can then manually edit the theme files or import them into the standalone Theme Editor for NWDS. However this required a matching support package level for the theme editor. I'm not sure that SAP has released the theme editor for 04S yet. You would have to search SDN.