Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Id for portal

former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

Is it possible to get the portal user ID & password for a user through the backedn i.e R/3. Here we run a report which generates an ID for a new joinee who joins the organization. Since we are the portal admin, these ID's are forwarded to us and we further generate the password for those ID's through the portal.

Now the requirment here is, at the time when the report is run in the R/3 to generate user ID, a default password should also get generated there itself for the portal. In short, the client wants it to be one time affair since the no. of employees joinig the organization is increasing day by day. Is it possible to generate the user ID and passwod for the portal from the backend(R/3)??

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kaustubh Maithani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for the reply and help. I checked the links which you have sent. They mostly focus on the User mapping with the backend. As a small update, we are now able to sucessfully generated the user name and password for the portal through R/3. A major help was provided by the fact that the user related all information(UME) is being maintained in the ABAP stack.

The only concern left here is of assigning the roles to the user which we need to automize i.e roles should automaticaly get assigned to the portal user ID that gets created in R/3. Do you have any thing to suggest here?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kaustubh Maithani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaustubh,

Is your user storage is ABAP? If yes, then you may be able to generate password there.

Have you thought about SSO or CUA?

Manoj

former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes it is maintained in the ABAP stack. We are able to create the user name n ID for portal. The area of concern is the role assignment. I want the portal roles to get assigned to the portal user ID once it is generated in R/3.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kaustubh Maithani