cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding File to JDBC/MS Access database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to insert some values in to MS access database table.I kept the .mdb file in the local PI folder.I am getting connection error

com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//test/data/input/Employee.mbd': SAPClassNotFoundException: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

i have given the configuration as:

JDBC Driver: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//test/data/input/Employee.mbd

Please give me some pointers.

Regards,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

please change the connection name as .mdb instead of .mbd

Connection:  jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//test/data/input/Employee.mbd

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installed the driver it works now.

anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anija

PI is installed on Windows and need to fetch data from Ms Access present on remote server.

Please let me know whether any driver need to be installed.

I tried without installing any driver . The parameters provided in channel are

JDBC Driver : jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//<FilePath>

But i am getting error as

'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SAPClassNotFoundException: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver'

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Can you please share the driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I had similar issue. I wrote a blog and this may be useful to you.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/07/06/connecting-sap-pi-to-ms-access-an...

Regards,

Nidhi

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

An ODBC driver for your database must be installed on the Windows computer running the application server.

Check if there an ODBC driver for MS Acess on the application Server.

How to check if there an ODBC driver for MS Acess installed? where can i find the details about which are the drivers installed, is there any TCode or some link to view and verify that the required drivers are installed.

Thanks

Anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

where can we get information on which are all the drivers installed in sap xi.How to check and where to see all the installed driver information.how can i confirm that a particular driver is installed(say jdbc) in my XI which i can use in my scenarios.

Regards,

anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i am still looking for a solution on the above problem.can any one let me know how we can assure that a particular driver is installed in PI.

Regards,

Anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using PI7.0, then you can ask your basis guys to log on to Visual Administrator and then in server0 in cluster in services, you can see all the adapter services installed in your PI system.......then in JDBC adapter service, you can see the list of your deployed jar files for your database driver files....

just follow the How to guide for JDBC adapter and redeploy your JDBC adapter in your PI system using SDM............then your above JDBC error will be resolved..........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

Rajeev has given the funda, visual admin is the key place.

Regards

joel

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

These parameters are fine...Check these few things:

1. The file path and folder names are correct, ( i think it is case sensitive)

2. If you are using any user name and password, provide the same..

Check this blog for more details:

Sachin

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

Also please check for :

You can set the configuration as following:-

JDBC Driver : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection : jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ= Full Path of DB file;

eg of full path:D:\USERS\Employee\employee.mdb

Please go through these steps: (Assuming you are working on Windows)

1) An ODBC driver for your database must be installed on the Windows computer running the application server.

Check if there's an ODBC driver for MS Acess on the application Server.

2) To connect through an ODBC driver, you must install the Sun JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver on the Windows computer running the application server. The driver comes with the Sun Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, for Windows.

Also there is another point.

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

This driver is a part of the JDK kit and so, you need not install the driver on your XI server. Check the SAP Note JDBC FAQ for this info.

3)Define a DSN on the Windows system hosting your application server.

4)These parameters you need to give while configuring the JDBC receiver adapter channel

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 26, 2009 12:45 PM

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

Your drivers are not installed correctly.

Refer : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ffd890-0201-0010-708f-d5dad2df...

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 26, 2009 12:30 PM