cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliveries Archived

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

This is related to two deliveries with same delivery document numbers archived.

What happens if i try to view the deliveries in standard T code VL03N and also in Document Relationship Browser T code ALO1?

Please revert back with your feedback ASAP.

Deserving points will be alloted to perfect answers..

Thanks & Regards

Ravindranath.

Edited by: Ravindranath Yadav on Mar 26, 2009 7:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Interesting... how did you manage to get 2 deliveries with same document number?

or is it that the same delivery was archived twice? this is possible under certain circumstances; refer note 691841 (though the note is for FI document, similar scenario is possible for deliveries).

If it is a single delivery which is archived twice AND if the deletion run is not performed yet, then no need to worry. archiving is considered complete only when deletion run is also completed. in this case, you could perform deletion only for the latest archive (write) session and mark the older archive session as invalid.

If you are talking about 2 seperate delivery documents with the same document number, then i guess it is a better idea to take SAP's help.

Hope this helps.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viv & Naveen,

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to clear your doubt about how two deliveries can exist with same doc no.

Suppose X delivery is archived & deleted from DB and X is the first number of your number range for delivery.

Also assume that your number range gets exhausted and you create a delivery.System will create a delivery with no. "X". I have tried this & its correct.

Now i can view both the deliveries with the one in DB in VL03N T code & the archived one in ALO1 T code.

But what happens when the second one is also archived.I have tried this in IDES but i am able to view only the first archived delivery. And i am not sure is it correct or some IDES problem as some of my collegues say both will appear & i can view both separately.

Thats what my doubt is?

Thanks & regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

SAP Note 781802 should answer your questions.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

First and foremost doubt is how do you see two delivery documents with same number's??

Secondly, Sales Orders/Deliveries/Shipments are documents which the businesses usually do not store in the Archive Repository (IXOS in most of the cases). They are simply Archived and deleted.

I do not know how your client is managing them.

In case they are stored at your end, and you need to see them from the Archive, you can view them in Transaction SARI. Goto Archive Explorer--> Key in the Object (RV_LIKP) and Archive Infostructure and press enter. In the second screen give the delivery numbers and execute.

System will display the documents for you.

Hope this info helps you. Thanks.

Rgds,

Viv