cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change columns dynamically in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have used drill across option in the BI query , where plant names appear in columns.

We also have a condition in the query which shows the top 3 plants for each input and

this query works fine

But the columns do not dynamically change in the VC model according to input.

Had tried out using different condition to hide columns in the output table,

but doesnt give the desired result.

Is it possible to achieve this dynamic column feature in VC?

PS: Dynamic port enabled for the data service too. VC 7.0 SP 15

ThankYou

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above was achieved using some conditions for dynamically changing output columns based on the query.But there is a problem in transporting the VC iviews from one environment to another

related to the above dynamic columns .

I have transported from dev (query,model,iview) into test environment. The problem

is the transported iview from dev shows the output columns based on the test environment.

The same works fine when I update the data service from the storyboard and redeploy the iview in test .

But this would not be possible in the prd environment as I dont have access to storyboard itself.

Is there any solution for this?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

What conditions did you use?

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omar,

The conditions are just normal ones for hiding the columns based on the input selection.

The problem is that my iview deployed on dev has the condition based on it's output

and transporting it doesnt work on test. The data service has to be refreshed and this is not possible always as stated above. Is there any way to refresh the data service otherwise??

Had tried out "do not cache data service" option too,but that doesnt apply to transports only on the backend . Can VC handle this ??

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

How about using a DataStore to store the fields on which you rely in the condition and to map the fields from the service to the DataStore?

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omar,

The column names are based on the query output and hence varies from

dev to test ,so how could I use a data store for the same?

Appreciate your help.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Can you at least create a dummy service with the same columns in your prd. env. ?

Otherwise, i'm out of ideas

I'm sorry i cannot help any further.

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dynamic Labeling is Very easy in VC7.1.

its hard to configure dynamic labeling for column's in a table.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omar,

Creating a dummy data service wouldnt work out,because the same query when

executed in my test envrmnemt gives me a diff set of columns, which i can fix by a data service

refresh/deploy.But in prd this is out of question .

Thanks a lot for your help and do update this thread if you get anything .

Govindu,

We are on VC 7.0 and dynamic labelling works somewhat as I have stated using hiding conditions. But the problem comes when I transport the iview from dev to test and then the column labels show the dev labels itself, while it should be different for test . The workaround is a data service refresh for which I have no access in PRD .Could you possibly suggest something.

Rgds