cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any alternate transport or import option while ChaRM is activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DEV->QAS->PRD is our ECC6.0 system landscape.

We have configured ChaRM for this ECC6.0 system Landscape.

After ChaRM is activated for this landscape, "Import" option in TMS of DEV, QAS adn PRD of ECC6.0 is disabled. So it forces to use Solution Manager ONLY for transports of DEV->QAS->PRD of ECC6.0.

Is there any other way, can we transport or import the changes to QAS or PRD without using solution manager ChaRM.(Assuming that Solution Manager is down or it has some issues with maintenance cycle or with transports)?

My client wants to use/know other option if Solman goes down or has some issues.

ie., we want to use ChaRM as well as other alternative method to transport as well.

Regards,

Sanjai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In which way is it disabled?

Queue is locked?

No import button availabe?

No import for selected project allowed?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I think i haven't clearly mentionly my doubt.

ChaRM is activated for ECC6.0 System Landscape.

We are able to transport changes to QAS->PRD of ECC6.0. No issues.

But "Import" option is disabled in QAS, PRD of ECC6.0 System.

So any transport to QAS, PRD of ECC6.0 System is only posible through solution manager ChaRM.

Our need is: we need to transport through ChaRM as well normal transport mechanism(which is disabled now).

How to enable "Import" Option in TMS of QAS, PRD of ECC6.0 System though the systems are configured to ChaRM. Is it possible? or any other alternative to transport changes to QAS, PRD of ECC6.0 System without ChaRM?

I hope you will get my question.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

I am still not sure in which way the "Import" is disabled.

"Queue -> Start Import" is disabled because of parameter IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY / NO_IMPORT_ALL.

You should be able to use "Request -> Import".

The project status switches in Solution Manager control which operation is possible in component system.

SE03 -> Display/Change Request Attributes (SAP_CTS_PROJECT) controls if project assignment is mandatory for that system/client.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you. Queue->Start Import is controlled by IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY / NO_IMPORT_ALL .

I set "0" to these TMS parameters:

CTC, IMPORT_SINGLE_ONLY, IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY, NO_IMPORT_ALL instead of "1".

Now, Queue->Start Import and Request->Import are enabled in TMS of DEV and QAS not in PRD.

I logged in PRD->STMS->Click on Import Overview. It lists queues of DEV, QAS and PRD.

If i select DEV or QAS system, then both options are enabled.

But if i select PRD system, then both options are disabled.

Am i in correct direction or?. I am not a basis person :)-.

Attributes of SAP_CTS_PROJECT in PRD: Value obligatory = "X" and Attribure per once request = "X".

Anything to do with this?

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

using ChaRM you should set the following parameters:

CTC = 1

IMPORT_SINGLE_ONLY = 1

IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY = 1

NO_IMPORT_ALL = 1

I have set those paramters in my system and I am still able to import single transports.

Do you have TMS QA-Approval active for PRD? (STMS -> Transport Routes -> double click PRD)

System attributes should show:

- Queue Controlled transports

- Single Transports

QA assurance deactivated.

Beside this I got no other idea for now, sorry.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your clarification.

The issue is solved as of now.

My work around:

DEV:

1. All these parameters CTC, IMPORT_SINGLE_ONLY, IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY, NO_IMPORT_ALL are set to "1".

2. Queue->Start Import is disabled.

3. Request->Import is also disabled.

QAS:

1. CTC is set to "0" and other parameters IMPORT_SINGLE_ONLY, IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY, NO_IMPORT_ALL are set to "1".

3. Request->Import is enabled. So we are to import the requests to QAS.

PRD:

1. CTC is set to "0" and other parameters IMPORT_SINGLE_ONLY, IMPORT_SINGLE_STRATEGY, NO_IMPORT_ALL are set to "1".

3. Request->Import is enabled. So we are to import the requests to PRD.

System attributes for DEV, QAS and PRD:

- Queue Controlled transports

- Single Transports

QA assurance is deactivated.

If i set CTC to "1" in QAS and PRD then Request->Import option is disabled. I don't know why?

But we want this to be not disabled when we set CTC to "1".

Does anyone know how to do it?

I haven't tested ChaRM maintenace cycle for this landscape. I am about to start. Hope this will go fine.

Do you see any problem, if i follow transport throgh ChaRM from Solution Manager with these TMS settings?

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I guess so. CTC needs to be set to 1.

ChaRM needs client dependent configuration.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved.

Before ChaRM was activated for our ECC6.0 system landscape:

STMS configuration of our ECC6.0 system landscape(DEV->QAS->PRD). i.e., not client specific.

After ChaRM was activated for our ECC6.0 system landscape:

STMS configuration of our ECC6.0 system landscape(DEV 100->QAS 100->PRD 100). i.e, client specific because ChaRM can be used only for client specific.

Lot of transport requests(which were released and imported before ChaRM) were at buffer of import queue of ECC6.0 systems without target client.

So we set target client for all transport requests of buffer. Then "Request->Import" option is enabled.

Regards,

Sanjai

Answers (0)