cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace the JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy files - SAP JVM 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had a NetWeaver 7.1 system with SAP JVM 5. I tried to run a cryptography software on the system, but the current JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy files of the JVM limited encryption algorithms and key lengths.

I downloaded the jce_policy-1_5_0.zip file from the Sun website, unzipped it, replaced the old policy files (sapjvm_5/jre/lib/security/local_policy.jar and sapjvm_5/jre/lib/security/US_export_policy.jar) with the new ones, then restarted the server. But, after the server was restarted, the new policy files were deleted and the old ones were restored.

Could you tell me what should I do to apply the new policy files?

Thanks in advance.

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

Check if following steps work for you.

1. Take a copy of original files before replacing so that you can revert back if necessary.

2. Copy the new files (local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar) in directory jkit\jre\lib\security You can find this path in the kernel directory.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

I copied the new local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar files to the jkit\jre\lib\security\ directory then restarted the server. But after the server was restarted, the new files were deleted and the old ones were restored. Nothing changed in the sapjvm_5\jre\lib\security\ directory.

I guess SAP places original jvm files somewhere. Whenever the server is restarted, it copies those files to the sapjvm, jkit, ... directories. I haven't still found where the original files are :-(.

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

Thats correct, it is the functionality of sapcpe.exe as you might be aware of. Are you sure you copied the files in as suggested earlier?

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolved the issue.

SAP places the orignal jvm files in SYS\exe\jvm\<platform>\ directory (D:\usr\sap\M71\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\ for my case).

I copied the new local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar files to SYS\exe\jvm\<platform>\<sapjvm_N...> \<sapjvm_N>\jre\lib\security\ directory (D:\usr\sap\M71\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_5.1.024\sapjvm_5\jre\lib\security\ for my case), then restarted the server. The new files were then copied to DVEBMGS...\exe\<sapjvm_N>\jre\lib\security directory as I expected.

The software works for me now.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved..with help of OSS note :739043

EP 6.0 SP15.... I had same issue for Portal prodution:

I had copied new files (local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar) in directory /opt/java1.4/jre/lib/security

Jun 16 2003 local_policy.jar

-rw-rr 1 root sys 4355 Jun 16 2003 US_export_policy.jar

-rw-rr 1 root sys 2910 Aug 2 2007 local_policy.1.jar

-rw-rr 1 root sys 2429 Aug 2 2007 US_export_policy.1.jar

-rrr-- 1 bin bin 2910 Dec 12 10:14 local_policy.2.jar

-rrr-- 1 bin bin 2429 Dec 12 10:14 US_export_policy.2.jar

-rrr-- 1 bin bin 2223 Dec 12 10:25 java.policy

-rrr-- 1 bin bin 6871 Dec 12 10:25 java.security

-rrr-- 1 bin bin 41278 Dec 12 10:25 cacerts

Thanks,

Hari