cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Trex like functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to build Trex functionality using webdynpro for ABAP on a local file system.For this i will have to access the file sytem from ABAp.The user specifies a string and in need to fetch the file name from the specified directory.

The fucntionality is similar to the list of files returned by the method directory_list_files in class cl_gui_front_end_services.I need to basically read the file names from the specified Path not uploading just the file names.I want cl_gui_frontend_services type class for webdynpro.

-Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is not possible, because the sandbox security environment of a web browser. Even plug-in architectures like Adobe Flex/Flash are sandboxed in the browser. Because of this sandboxing you can't perform direct access to the filesystem of the client machine. You could image the security problems you would have if any website was allowed direct access to the file system. This is part of the "costs" of running business applications within a browser instead of a dedicated desktop client.

Answers (0)