Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Delivery Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a following scenario.

I have a stock of 500 EA for a material.

i had created order 1 for say 100 EA, and i have a confirmation line on this.

i have created another order 2 for 500 EA and have confirmation of 400 EA.

now when i try to deliver the Order 1 am not able to do so, insufficient stock error pop ups.

I noticed that i was able to deliver the order only when i put a reason for rejection for the 2nd order.

how to overcome this issue. i should be able to deliver order 1 as i had both confirmation line and enough stock available.

Please let me know your thoughts on the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check whether the material used in both the Sales Order are free of any restriction in T-code "MMBE".

Regards,

SARTHAK

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the stock is confirmed in your sale order1, then you should be able to deliver the same. This means, you can process with 100 nos. of delivery.

If you have any issue, you have to check the material master MRP2 view whether any safety stock is maintained.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with MD04 whether any other order has been there in the requirement list for that product, if not, then open the order in change mode and run availability check and proceed for the delivery and confirm if this could able to solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu, Thanks for ur suggestion.

no there are no other orders in MD04 other than these 2 orders.

My question is why am i not able to deliver the first order even when it had a confirmed line at the order level. Am i missing something??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please re-run the avaliability check in the sales order and check the status of confirmed quantity.

It might happen that schedule line got confirmed as stock was available. Then the stock get consumed against some other orders/deliveries.

And now at the time of delivery the stock is not available for this particular order.

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried this option and still am not able to deliver it.

(Anyways this should not be followed in an actual scenario, we cannot run a availability check for the orders that got confirmed already every time)

do u have any other options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Other words

in MD04 after posting both these orders, the stock after reservations turns out to be -ve, and hence am not able to deliver order 1 where as am able to deliver the 2nd order with delivery quantity as 400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked in MD 04 whether any any delivery document is present and which is due for GI, if so remove the reservations for that delivery and try to do the delivery for this order as stock will be shown even for those which are due for GI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

There are no such deliveries available in the system, even if one is available i think it would have not confirmed the 1st order, i feel that this is due to a different problem.

Rgds

ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked the stocks and in which storage location it is been placed, if it is in returns or quality delivery wont happen.

Delivery date is the current date or future date , if future date then give the future date and try and confirm.

Srinu