cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite role transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please guide me how to transport composite role?

I have a composite role z_composite and this role includes many single roles for ex: y_single1,y_single2,y_single3

Now my question is when in goto PFCG then select composte role and utilities --> mass trasnport

I can see 2 options

1. Also transport single roles for composute roles

2. Also transport Generated profiles for single roles

Which one I have to select and uncheck for to transport only Composte role z_composite . So that it will transport only composte role changes.

I have one more doubt , if i transport composte role then all single roles also will transport automatically?

Please clarify.

- Amy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this 2 ways

Mass download and upload

1. Mass download from source system and upload to target system and generate the role then assign to users. in the no need to download single role just down lode composite role contain single roles are automatically come with that, no need to download single roles also.

2. Transport

Go to PFCG

Enter composite role and select transport(Truck)

Then you will have 2 options

Also transport single role for composite roles

Also transport generated profiles for single roles.

Select first option

3.If you want generated profiles also select second options also and transport

4 then you another 2 option

user assignment

Personalization

If you want to transport the user assignment as well,

Select firs one.dont want uncheck first one.

If you select first one complete user assignment for the role in the target system is replaced.(not applicable for CUA)

5.Enter RT request number or create own request number

That request number contains composite role with all single roles.

4.Once the import into the target system is completed, you must

perform a user master comparison for all affected roles in target systems.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

could you share us how did you resolve this issue?

now i am dealing this the same as your request,now in D Q P SAP system , the simple single roles have existed ,user want to create composite roles,,so i want to transport to composite roles only ,looking forward your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my question is ,

If i transport composite role by checking the two options , then automatically the simple role changes also will transport ?

Or only composite role and menu transport ?

I dont want to transport simple role changes ?because in composte role I have maintained 20-30 sime roles . If simple role profiles also transport then in QA or prod all simeple role changes will overwrite ?

-Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you transport the composite roles without checking the two options,then a blank composite role will be transported

If you transport the composite role with the two options then all the single roles will be transported also but then yes it will overwrite the single roles in QA systems.

but are the single roles in Dev and QA different,if yes this is not the right approach to do things and is not at all suggested by SAP

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos
Actually my question is ,

If i transport composite role by checking the two options , then automatically the simple role changes also will transport ?

Yes.

Or only composite role and menu transport ? 

No

I dont want to transport simple role changes ?because in composte role I have maintained 20-30 sime roles . If simple role profiles also transport then in QA or prod all simeple role changes will overwrite ? 

Then what is the need of changing in Dev system and transporting it? If you just transport the role with out two options, in QAS all the single role assignments will be lost and users will loose their present access.

Please get used to D-Q-P approach.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to select both options:

- 'Also Transport Single Roles for Composite Roles'

- 'Also Transport Generated Profiles for Single Roles'

and about your doubt the answer is yes.

Users assigned to a composite role are automatically assigned to the corresponding (single) roles

Regards

Krishna Vanga

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to select both the options and transport. Then only changes made to composite roles or single roles inside this will be transported properly. It is adviced and best practise to transport with both the options.

This step will make consistency among the landscape in same roles.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To transport the Composite roles and all of its Single Roles, you have

to select both options:

- 'Also Transport Single Roles for Composite Roles'

- 'Also Transport Generated Profiles for Single Roles'

Without these options, the target client only gets the composite role as an empty shell.

so transport with the options

Rohit