cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode file for chinese characters - How to get the message into IE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI SDN Community

Hope everybody is OK

The scenario that I am facing is to get a a message (from a file UTF-8 with chinese charates) into the integration engine, the file adapter picks it up from the folder and archive it, however from RWB when I see the adapter (CC) log I see a message that says that the file is empty... so at the end when I go to the moni, there is no message.

Any thought?

-I tried with binary and text - UTF-8 on the CC configuration

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would advise, in order to check if it really is because of the specific file, to create another file with the same structure (without Chinese characters) and see if it is received into the IE. If it's ok, try putting some Chinese characters in it and check again if it works. This way you can know if there's a problem with the adapter, the Chinese (possibly encoding issue) or the specific file.

BTW, When we had a problem with an illegal character in an XI message (it was idoc, not file) it showed in SXMB_MONI but could not be sent to the ECC system. (In our case it really was an illegal character so we removed it and it worked)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Community,

Thanks for all the comments and help

We solved the issue: basically the Chinese chars on the file were not valid, we changed for valid chars and it got smoothly tru the xi pipes

Note:

File Type: Text

File Encoding: UTF-8

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe your file is corrupt? Check with a hex editor, if there any control characters at beginning of the file.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try Chinese encodings: ISO-2022-CN and ISO-2022-CN-EXT in the sender file adapter

also try GB 2312 in the sender adapter

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 26, 2009 10:16 AM

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 26, 2009 10:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Thanks for the help

I tried with a file created as UTF-8 and setting the sender file adapter as text - UTF-8 and it throws the empty file error.

Besides I tried by setting up the encoding as you adviced, but I got an error like:

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: ISO-2022-CN

Edited by: JosFrancisco Villegas on Mar 27, 2009 12:19 AM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think that this is an issue with the content of the file.

It could have several reasons:

- The PI has no read access to the file

- You want to use file content conversion, but there is no matching key field

- The file is really empty

What kind of file do you have? Plain text? XML? PDF? Excel?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check - whether the source file has any data in it or not.........in sender file comm channel use File Type as Text and Encoding as UTF-8 if you know that in UTF-8 encoding your chinese characters are displayed properly.............or ask your source file guys the encoding of the file containing these chinese characters and put this encoding in sender file comm channel...............

Moreover if you are using FCC, then check if your FCC parameters are okay...........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Check out ,

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Unicode Guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e9a7cb90-0201-0010-45ae-9f4dd09c...

The above guide is a solution to all unicode queries.

Regards

joel

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to use ISO-8559-1 encoding in the sender file adapter. Check the documentation for the same.

VJ