cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant see the Custom adapter the Basis team installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our SAP Basis team installed a Custom adapter having a .SDA zip file. They have deployed the code using the document " How to Install and Configure external Drivers for the JDBC and JMS adapters. They used the SDM(SAP Deployement Manager) to do the same. I want to know how do we see the custom adapter in the list when we choose the adapter type. Is there any thing else we need to do in the SLD to bring about the same. Pls let me know. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u see the adapter in the ESR->SAP BASIS->adapter metadata?

i gues the adapter should be seen there so that you can get it in ID

Edited by: Raghu KB on Mar 26, 2009 9:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestions. The adapter can be seen now. Some .TPZ file was not uploaded so it was not being seen. Now we can see the adapter in the ESR->adapter metadata and also in the ID->Adapter list.

Conclusions:

For third party adapter,

1.We need to deploy the .SDA file using Visual Admin/SDM.

2. We need to upload/deploy the .TPZ file for the adapter in the SLD/ESR.

3. Once you see the adapter in the ESR->Adapter metadata u can gurantee that it will be present in the ID as well.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The list of adapters in ID always refers to the adapter metadata present in IR. This holds true for both standard as well as custom adapters. Unless adapter metadata is configured, the adapter list cannot be seen.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are talking third party adapter, after successful installation you will got it in adapter list, otherwise deployment is not successful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we are using a third party adapter for which we had the .SDA file. After the installation we are not able to see the adapter in the adapter list. As u said that the installation was unsucessful, what needs to be done to enable such a thing so that we can see in the adapter list. ? pls let me know. thanks.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debaprasad,

I think you have not created the adapter metadata. When you create the adapter metadata object, you have to use a specific name. That name is related to any information in the descriptor files in the RAR.

You have to develope the custom adapter in this way:

1) Created one java project inside that , import "sample_ra.jar" and change the namespace in two java class A.SPIManagedConnectionFactory B. XIConfiguration and export this project as a .jar file into your workspace..

2) Now create one J2EE Library project and in this project , give the reference of above project's jar file and create the .sda file and deploy it to...Xi server..

3) create the adapter metadata....

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 26, 2009 9:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you finish your deploy process, it only deployed the vendor specific driver, e.g. Oracle database Jar files.

You did not add additional adapter type.

There is nothing to do with SLD, just when you configure your adapter, e.g JDBC or JMS you will need vendor specific parameters. Those allow the driver you deployed effective.

When you customize adapter, you will write your own Java module code in Java IDE (e.g. Netweaver Development Studio)

, follow the SAP docuement, eventuall you will have ear file, which need to be deployed in J2EE.

Regards.

Liang