cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Problem: restricting cost centre in ME21/ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to restrict certain cost centres for some users in tcode ME21/ME21N .Currently there is no check in the programme.We have many plants in our system and many roles for different countries with this transaction.i need to activate this check for one country.How can I achieve this???

Pls help.

Thanks,

Chittaranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittaranjan,

If there is no standard authorisation object currently programmed in ME21 (program SAPMM06E) and ME21N (program RM_MEPO_GUI), I can see two options for you.

Using either a standard authorisation object or a new authorisation object of your own:

1) Change the standard code (not really recommended) and insert an AUTHORITY-CHECK statement against the chosen authorisation object.

2) Investigate the possibility of using a standard user exit (see transaction SMOD). It looks like various exit points are available for SAPMM06E but I don't know how suitable they may be. Check in SMOD for exit names beginning with MM06* and engage a functional analyst to help identify a suitable exit.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chittraranjan,

Do you know which authorisation object you want to check against ?

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

No..As I can see there is no standard object I can check..How do i proceed.. Should i create anew object ??

where do i code ? how do i achieve it for only one country