cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renew license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expertes,

One of my SAP system got expired on dec 24 2008, but when i go to service market place and check the license its valid upto dec 2009. How do i renew my license in system.

Thanks

YG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the new license from the SAP marketplace and applied it

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF YOU ATTEMPT TO APPLY A LICENSE WHEN IT HAS ALREADY EXPIRED:

As soon as I turned back my Windows XP clock to before the expiry date, I could log in as BCUSER and code away. I then logged out and logged in as DDIC* where I was able to delete my expired license key. I then sent away for a new key, applied it and was in business after resetting my system clock. Thank you! Wish I had a good place to post this u201Ctricku201D so all could know about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u2022 Login in as <sid>adm at Unix level.

u2022 Delete old license keys first saplicense u2013show to get old license and the key in

saplicense u2013delete using information from u2013show.

u2022 If you do not have permanent key yet, install temporary key saplicense u2013temp (be sure to delete old permanent key).

u2022 Once the new saplicense has been issued install saplicense u2013install.

Hope this may help .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the License from the market place with proper installation number, hardware no etc.

SAP will send the license as attached file naming <SID>_Standard.txt to your mail.

Save this file in any directory in your system.

Then go to SLICENSE T.Code. Click on "New Licenses" tab. Then click on "Install" tab. It will ask you the license file, select the file where you had saved.

Now the License will be applied to your ABAP stack.

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

where did you checked your SAP system license got expired?

Have you checked in SAP system--status? there you can have a clear view of that.

If not contact SAP for further clarifications

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i see the expire date system status only.

Thanks

YG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

I dont think it is good idea to run the system by back dating. Please follow the link below to install temporary license for 4 weeks while you are sorting out the license key.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/a7/512c95407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/content.htm]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

download the new license from marketplace(the one which is valid till dec,2009) and apply it in your system.

Let me know of any questions

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I downloaded the license key which is 24 character key and last 3 characters are three dots (...)

and then went to tcode slicense and click on install..a pop up comes and SAP system,installation no,hardware key and expires on fields are already filled, I entered the system no (available on the same screen) and license key (copied from market place) but it says invalid key.

As of now i am running my system by backdating it. so is it the issue or I need to do something else.

Thanks a lot for your efforts

YG