cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying a track to another server

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using NWDI and we are in the middle of development. We have successfully setup the runtime systems such as dev and consolidation systems. Everthing is working fine. Now we have a request to demo this application from a different server other than the dev and consolidation but within the same landscape. The track involved in this contains 6 Software Components.I am thinking of using the "Export" option in the "Development" under "Transport Studio". Then copy these SCA's to the destination server and use SDM to deploy the application in the destination server. Is this a good approach?

Other approach i have is temporarily change the development runtime system and initiate the deployment. After it succeeds change the runtime system to the original system.

Please advice.

Thanks

RT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I will try the track connection and also deploy using SCA's.

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The concept of CMS, DTR.. on the whole NWDI, is to maintain versions of the Software Components.

Hence, getting the EAR from NWDI will not be possible. You'll be able to export it as SCA only.

To get the EAR, you can manually search on the NWDI server's repository, i.e the DTR. But, I would not recommend the same.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the transport to the "demo" system, i.e deployment is going to be one time activitiy, then the approach mentioned is correct, as it does not involve too much of procedure and is readily doable.

But, if it is to be repeated many numebr of times, as and when you proceed with the development, then a track can be established with the runtime server as the demo system and Track Connection can be created between your development and Demo system.

For more on track connections, refer [this help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/13/602b27f6fb41b4a9eb4f72eabb9832/frameset.htm] page.

Regards,

Alka.

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alka!

This is going to be one time. But Track Connections sounds interesting. I am sure I can use it for some other situation.

Regarding "Export" option in "Transport Studio" under "Development" tab, I don't see an option to export to a EAR file. I understand it exports as SCA. Is it possible to export as EAR file from NWDI? I know I can grab the EAR file from NWDS when I build and deploy it locally. But I want it created by the CBS and take the EAR file from the NWDI rather than from the NWDS. Thanks for your help in this matter.

-RT