cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry standard Manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know how the SD process differ in a manufacturing industry and IS Retail. Can IS- Retail be used in a manufacturing industry? Or do they follow a different industry standard. I am not able to understand the industry standards by going thru help.sap... Can anybody please help?

Thanks,

SV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is no IS specific for plastic but there is one for CHEMICAL as you can see in the following link.

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/bblibrary_start.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Can they use IS Retail too... as its consumer product. I heard that they used Retail.. If possible please reply. I awarded your points..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SAP Retail is for retail business like Walmart, Big Bazzar, Subiksha....... and Plastic industry is different from reatail business

Here the scenario will be different and distributation of goods will be through a different channel

Hope you clear about the difference

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Industry standard in SAP like IS AUTO, IS RETAIL, IS BANKING, IS....... will have added functionality compared to standard SAP.

In IS AUTO, there is a concept of JIT ( Just in time ) or KANBAN which is widely used in automative industry and might not have any relevance in IS RETAIL. so depending on the industry SAP has provided few add ons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Will there be a special industry standard for plastic manufacturing industry? I have an interview with a plastic industry and want to be prepared. Your answers will be helpful..and I will award points..

thanks