cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation based on another Key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a query. We have a keyfigure 'Customer Base Forecast' which is disaggregating based on another key figure 'Stock Prop Factor'. The value in the Stock Prop factor is '0' in Planning book. But the value for 'Customer Base Forecast' is showing incorrect value. Can anyone tell me how disaggregation takes place when the value is zero in disaggregation key figure ie in our case 'Stock Prop factor'

Thanks and Regards,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs on this. We had zeroed down the problem and a per SAP it is due to Data Set Error. As of now I am closing this tickets will update you all once I hear back from SAP. Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We checked for the macro and its working fine.

We further analysed and found that the customer forecast when uploaded disaggregates abnormally. For one week it doesnt disaggregate but for next week its disaggregating though the proportional factors are same in both the cases.

Customer forecast value disaggregation is based on another key figure which in this case is porportional factor.

Thanks and Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

A few things...Firstly just wanted to make sure whther you are using disaggregation type 'P' or type 'I'...I am assuming 'P'...

Secondly..the macro looks fine on the 'outside'. Check a few things to be sure (These are common mistakes which are not caught during check). Ensure that the keyfigure assignments are using "Values" rather than "attributes". Also check that you are using "attributes" for Manual Prop Factor when using it in IS_INITIAL.

Also is there any default macro that may be REsetting the value of stock proportional factors?

Regards,

abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat.

I tried entering the values and found that the problem is with Proportional Factors.

I have a planning book, which calculates the stock proportional factor through a macro based on Proportional factors and manual Proportional Factor as given below :

Create Stock Prop Factor

Copy Prop Factor if Man Prop Factor >=0 : ( 52 Iterations :04/06/2009;03/29/2010 )

IF

Manual Prop Factor >= 0

ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE( 'ZPRODSKU__ZPRODTYPE' ) = 'S' AND

IS_INITIAL(

Row: Manual Prop Factor ( Frm 04/06/2009 )

) = 0

Row: Stock Prop Factor ( Frm 04/06/2009 ) =

Row: Manual Prop Factor ( Frm 04/06/2009 )

ELSE

Row: Proportional Factor ( Frm 04/06/2009 )

ENDIF

Delete Prop Factor for Promo SKU : ( 52 Iterations :04/06/2009;03/29/2010 )

IF

SKU is a Promo SKU

ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE( 'ZPRODSKU__ZPRODTYPE' ) = 'P' OR

ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE( 'ZPRODSKU__ZPRODTYPE' ) = 'O'

ENDIF

When i execute the macro, the value is not getting populated in stock Proportional factor KF.

Kindly advice. Do you see any problem with the macro.

Thanks and Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana

Disaggregation of key figure - KF1 is based on KF2.

If KF2 has zero values and if you have chosen "Calculate fixed proportions in entire horizon" feature, then the disaggregation will take place equally in KF1.

Regds

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS,

Thanks for your reply.

As said by you, If it should split equally then if I have a quantity as 100 in my KF1 and KF2 which in my case is Stock Prop Factor. Then it should split as 50 each right. But thats not happening in my case.

I can give you the scenario which I am facing

I have a consensus foecast which is disaggregating based on Stock propotional factor. The value of stock propotional factor is zero.

The Consensus forecast is copied from Customer base forecast which is uploaded by the demand planner.

KF Customer Base forecast also have disaggregation based on stock prop factor key figure.

I have customer Upload at aggregate A as 378000 qty.

In my Planning book the disaggregation is showing as

A1 = 72000

A2 = 306000

But as per my understanding since my stock prop factor is '0' for product A1 it should reflect as

A1=0

A2 = 378000

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Diana

Edited by: Diana S on Mar 25, 2009 11:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Take a look at [Aggregation and Disaggregation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/73/3e1167347111d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm]

The data is disaggregated by proportions of your reference kf (Stock Prop Factor).

If there is no value in it, then the data is equally disaggregated ( prorata) at "lowest level" and if the values are changed, the system recalculates the proportions and retain them until the proportional factors are recalculated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The values are not equally distributed as mentioned by you. Propotional factors are reinitialised through background jobs hence the 2nd case is ruled out.

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

to understand what's happening, you can zero out the values in the KF just one time bucket and save, then enter a value to see how the disaggregation is working., It should then do equal disagg, when your reference kf is still zero.