Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Idoc's to R/3 System with logon group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have the next scenario

Sender R/3 Idoc -> XI -> Receiver R/3 Idoc

now I have a doubt, the receiver system has a logon group, is there any benefits for me in XI to use the logon group to send the Idocs to this system?, and if it's better to use logon group how can I use it, juts by defining the RFC that exists in SM59 that points to the receiver R/3 system in XI as load balancing and pointing to the logon group????, thanks in advance for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julio,

Yes you are right, load balancing can be achieved using logon groups in the RFC destination for the IDoc adapter. It basically enables the ABAP dispatcher to decide whats the best available application server to process the inbound message sent by PI.The purpose is to load-balance successive connections across a group of ECC application servers.

To do this a connection is established through the message server (the central ECC instances communication process) to determine which ECC instance is to handle the RFC call.

The key parameters here are:

u2022 the hostname, on which the message server process runs,

u2022 the system name of the ECC central instance, and

u2022 The logon group, which indicates the cluster of applications servers that an ECC instance will be selected from, to serve the request.

Greetings,

Gerardo.

Answers (0)