cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error (WIS 10901) while creating a webi report against SAP data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a webi report against a universe created using Infocube/Bex query (basically SAP data source) get a error message -

A database error occured. The database error text is: A runtime exception has occured. (License key check failed. Check that you are licensed to access SAP data sources). (WIS 10901).

Any clues whether this is a license issue or something else?

Thanks,

-Purav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to solve this issue.

1. Start > Programs> Crystal Reports 2008> License Manager

2. Select " BusinessObjects Integration kit for SAP" from Product list.

3. Add valid license key, click ok.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

We had this error too.

Make shure that you use correct licence key for the BO integration Kit Installation. On your local machine as well as on Bo-Server.

Explained in Note 1388246.

Regards

Bertil Cochlovius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Similar error Results using Rich Client Tool. Crystal and QaaWS both connect and retrieve data successfully from the BW based Universe.

Any resolution found to this error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Make sure your connection(ODBC or whatever it is) is the same on your local machine as it is on your BO server. Rich Client is using this whereas Crystal and QaaWS are using the one from the server. That may be the issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

see note 1388246

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I am having the same problem

I created an Universe using query in SAP BW

I can use this Universe to do the report by Web Intelligence

but, when I use this Universe to create a Query by Query as a Web service, I get a following error :

" getDocumentInformation exception (Error: WIS 10901)

A database error occurred. The database error text is: A runtime exception has occurred (License key check failed. Check that you are licensed to access SAP data source). (WIS 10901)"

Please help me solve the problem

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my case it is working for Web Intelligence Rich client and giving license related error for Web Intelligence InfoView.

Found same error when i try to publish "Query As a Web Service" after creating query. Not able to see preview of results.

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar Garre

Edited by: Ravi Kumar Garre on Jul 12, 2010 7:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In my case the license keys got expired.so we have upadated the bo professional enterprise license key in CMC.But now i am facing the same problem as you mentioned.But before expiring the key ,every thing is perfect.

Can you suggest the solution.

Regards

Venkat

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be sure to have a valid license code, in some situations you may need more than one license code in order to activate additional features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please update how to change license for SAP integration KIT?

shital

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add license keys for SAP Integration Kit via License Manager tool. Here is the path

Start->Program Files -> Crystal Reports 2008 -> License Manager.

Here you will have to select SAP Integration kit from the drop down list.

Dont forget to restart Webi and Crystal Report Servers once you apply new license keys.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Rahul

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure that you are using valid licenses keycodes for the SAP Integration Kit and also check their expiry date.

ingo

0 Kudos

Hi,

which version of the BOBJ software have you installed on your server? Are you using the rich web intelligence client to build your report?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, am using rich client to create the webi report. BOBJ version XI 3.1 enterprise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does your connection in the Universe test ok on the server if you are on Win? Did you install the Java Connector properly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Does your connection in the Universe test ok on the server if you are on Win? Did you install the Java Connector properly?

I am having the same problem. I checked and double checked everything, including deleting and recreating the Universe and the Connection. No improvement. On a whim, I deleted the hierarchy from the query on which the Universe was based, and recreated the Universe on the query without the hierarchy. The problem went away.

Now, the question is, why do I get the WIS 10901 error when a hierarchy is present in the query/Universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install SAP Integration Kit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the integration kit is installed. creating webi report from Infoview works fine. When I try to crete from rich client it throws the error.