cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings--

I need some help understanding DTR projects and if its possible to migrate closed activities onto another system or can this ony be done via Java System Copy?

We are currently using DTR for storing portal projects that are sdeveloped in eclipse, we now have been tasked to move NWDI onto another piece of hardware.

My question is: Since we are only using DTR and not CBS/CMS/SLD, can I simply migrate closed activites onto a separate installation (the will be 2004s).

Original NWDI version (NW04 SPS18)

Proposed NWDI verions (2004s SPS18)

-John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might help you:

SAP Note: 790922

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution would be nice if we were using component based development, but as I mentioned, we are simply using DTR to version our portal application projects.

I would if we like, closed all activies for projects that being stored in DTR and sync them locally after being closed. And on the new machine, sync the project onto the new DTR server, wonder how that might work out.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way that we did was to manually move all the DCs to the new NWDI server. I am not sure if there is an automated way of moving the DTR workspaces from one system to other.

The method we followed was similar to moving the local DCs to NWDI. Follow this blog, it might be helpful.

/people/raj.peddisetty/blog/2007/03/02/migrating-localdcs-onto-jdinwdi-track

Revert back with questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say just move all your DCs in your current DTR workspace to your new NWDI.

--MLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Malyala--

Any idea how this is done? The moving of workspaces and DC?

-John