cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM after MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know which is the best way and what aspects should I take care of, when we already have an IM storage location and it is working in production, but we want to implement WM in that storage.

How is the stock moved to WM storage bins?

Should I make a 562 to take out all the stock and after I pass my configuration make a 561?

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member659143
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Define a new MM storage location.

Here, too, you must create material masters for the warehouse management view. Post the stock figures that are to be managed by the Warehouse Management system from the pressent MM storage location to the new MM storage location.

Post the stock figures from the WM stock transfer interface to the actual storage bins.

In the table for "Movement types"(T.code OMJJ), you set up a special movement type (311) for the business transaction "Warehouse with totals management in IM"". This movement type knows the storage type and bin of the interface (interim record) and also knows the storage type of the storage warehouse.

After you have posted all the bin quantities from the warehouse card file, the stock transfer interim record must be empty, provided the stock figures in IM are the same as those in the card file. You can check this using the report RLS10030 (bin status report).

E.G.

Assume you have plant 1000 and storage location 1000, 1001, 1002 implemented 2 years ago. All storage locations have stocks. Now you want to manage those stocks in the new warehouse. Assume you decide to assign storage location 1000 to the warehouse.

To migrate IM stock to WM stock:-

1. Create a data migration storage location, say DM01.

2. Transfer existing stock in 1000 to DM01 (IM movement type 311)

3. Activate WM (assign warehouse to storage location 1000)

4. Transfer stock in DM01 back to 1000

5. Transfer stocks in 1001 and 1002 to storage location 1000.

6. You IM stocks are now in WM as well.

Thanks ,

AMIT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the normal way is to create a storage location temporarily and move to stock into it. After that you can assign the WH to the (empty, original) storage location. The third step is to move the stock back from the temporary storage location.

(of course, material masters have to be extended for SLoc, WH, etc.)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/es/dc/1939516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

In transaction OMJJ you can switch on the storage bin field for IM-mvt 311 > you can directly upload the stock into the bins.

If you don't want this, the goods can be moved to the bins via TO (you get the TO processing TR) after the stock transfer.

Regards,

Csaba