cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace a keyfigure value with YES/NO in BEx Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a CKF which always returns either a 1 or 0. On my web report (not excel), I want to replace the 1 with a YES and 0 with a NO.

I guess this could be done using javascript but I am no expert on this. Any solutions/ideas greatly appreciated and rewarded.

can this be done in Visual Composer.

Thanks

Gova

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.: your question is better asked in the BW forum

2.: in a BW web reporting solution only, I would either use the table interface or look at the cube-definition, if it was properly modelled and should not be better a characteristic instead of a calculated key-figure. Otherwise you might have a problem with localization (what if you have Japanese users running that report?)

3.: in a VC BI Kit environment you would use a formula (but again: no localization available)

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW: there might be other solutions in BW that I am not aware of (I am sure of that), so it's a good idea to ask there.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Mario.

1. I did post it in BW forum. I also wanted to see if there is any Visual Composer solution to this.

2. This can not be done in the data model, as the Yes/No values are determined dynamically based on the date. If I run the report today, a row value could be YES, but If I run the same thing again after a month, it could be NO. So this has to be determined at query run time.

3. Could you please expand a bit on this. What do you mean by no localization? All our users are in US by the way.

Thanks

Gova

Former Member
0 Kudos

ad 2) You can put between the Data Service and the Visualization Control (on the input porta of e.g. the table) a formula behind a newly created field. This way you can take the value and use conditional functions.

ad 3) Are your users all using English? Then it's OK. If the solution is to be rolled out internationally, then English only is not sufficient.

Mario

Answers (0)