cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Date Stamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a proxy to file(receiver file adapter) scenario, is there any way to append date in a specific format(ddmmyyyy) at the end of the file name.

ex: sample23122009

Add time stamp adds the date in a different format.

If if is possible thru Receiver file adapter operating system command.

Please suggest me how to do that.

thanks.

sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arunsri,

Try to use dynamic file name configuration option in receiver file adapter channel. In mapping just concatenate the date stamp as required with your filename.Take this as constant.

For this you may modify u r target structure. Add one more node as

FileName -- Node

-FileName -- Field

In content conversion use that

FileName.fieldFixedLengths - 0(Zero)

FileName.fixedLengthTooShortHandling -- Cut. So that the extra field would not appear in file.

Hopt it will helps.

Cheers

Veera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that by acceding to the dinamic configuration in your message mapping. File Name is one of the atributes you can change and then use it again in rou File Adapter.

Regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

Could you please, let me know how to use that. i searched in the forum but i am not able to get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

Could you please, let me know how to use that. i searched in the forum but i am not able to get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create an UDF. Watch this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

If you change the value in your message mapping acceding the dynamic configuration and you put %NAME% as a your file name in your file adapter it returns your desired value.

Regards

Gonzalo