cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating and Deleting Rows in the SAP database table using ASP.NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am kalyan. I am a .net developer. And I know nothing about SAP. I request you to please help me in this regard.

I want to create a webform ( using asp.net, c#.net and visual studio 2008).where it takes the input from the user and compares it with the data in the tables in SAP R/3 ( Version: 4.7).

I want to access the tables in SAP R/3 and retrieve the rows onto the webform and I want to update / delete the rows in the table in SAP R/3 4.7.

My question is

1) Can I access the SAP R/3 tables using Visual Studio 2008?

2) And Can I update and Delete the rows in the Table of SAP?

3) Are there any Third party tools to connect to SAP database tables and edit the rows of the tables?

4) And I heard that If there is a web service in SAP .. I can call that web service from asp.net and retrieve the data.

But, my question is can I update the data on the Table?

5) I read some article. And according to it SAP connector is only compatible with .NET framework 1.1 and visual studio 2003. So, what is the best and reliable way to connect to SAP database?

All the above questions are kind of weird. But, I am trying to find a solution from the past 10days and I can't find any solution. Please help in this regard.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Yes

2) you can but not directly on table ,you have to use RFC..

3) No need of third party tool

4) yes , you can do this by consuming enterprise services.

5) use the wrapper class on the .Net connector.

give your exact requirement,what is your business process ,e.g. which transaction or table you want to access from SAP,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Below is my actual problem. Please go through this and help me.

I have to create a website using asp.net and c#.net in Visual Studio 2008 which follows the X509 (Security) based authentication and connect to the SAP R/3 Version 4.7 database table VURREDT_ID and verify user credentials which are submitted from the website. Once the user is valid, I have to access other tables in the SAP database and I should be able to view, update, delete or insert rows in those tables.

Everything should be done from the website itself.

But I dont think I will have direct access to the database tables in the SAP. I have to call (like proxies) some functions from the SAP and use them in my web application to view, update, delete or insert rows in those tables.

Please tell me the best way to do this. What is your suggestion about using RFC and the Web services. I want to do this in the simplest way but it should be powerful.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think yours is totally customized object, else in SAP you have a transaction code for doing the operations..

the easiest way is to develop z rfc in sap to do the database operations and call it in .NET . (eSOA-webservice is latest but for that you require one eSOA expert)

let me know any other thing you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much..Your information is very helpful. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you going to update SAP standard tables (I mean without starting with Z or Y)? If you are going to update/delete SAP standard tables, it is not recommended by SAP since there will be foreign key relationship with other tables. This might cause a problem when you update database directly. So you need to create RFC which suppose to call SAP transaction to update (BAPI, FM, BDC) in those tables.

You need to get help from ABAPer to create RFCs according to your requirement. For your initial analysis, use this RFC RFC_READ_TABLE to fetch data from any SAP table. You can form a query and pass into this RFC. You will be able to see this RFC as web service from .NET side when you are using SAP .NET connector.

Let me know if you need any clarification on this.

Thank you,

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govind,

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. I have a question please suggest me some solution.

You said I need to take help from ABAPer for creating these procedures.

So my question is:

Can I not create the functions to call the SAP transaction using .net connector. Do I need an ABAP expert to create functions on .NET platform?

OR Do I need help of an ABAPer from the SAP side?

I am just wondering if an ABAPer can create the required transactions on the SAP which can be used from .NET platform and after that I can use those transactions( i mean procedures on SAP platform to modify table data) from the .NET side and update,Insert and delete the records from the website?

Please reply. Thanks.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requiremnt is also same. But I am using SAP.Net connector 3.0 in my project and finding it diffucult to insert, update and delete data in SAP system.

Can anyone provide me with code or related calsses for this task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a POC on integrating SharePoint with SAP!! I was successful in fetching data from SAP, but was facing issues while performing insert operations. Can any one help on performing insert/update operations on SAP PO table?

Details:

SharePoint - MOSS 2007

SAP ECC 6.0

SAP NCo 3.0

Visual Studio 2008

Regards,

NA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please keep me posted if you find any soultions.

Thanks

Yen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalz rnv,

Even i have same scenario as yours, where in i have to create website on which there is 1 inquiry form where user will fill form and submit it, then all the details should be updated to SAP database.

As your scenario is same as ours, can u please provide all the information from the initial step if u have done with your scenario.

Thanks & regards,

Anil Anchan

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Create or find an existing remote-enabled function module in SAP that will do the work you need (i.e., save data, get data, etc.)
  2. Create the ASP.NET web page; reference the SAP NCo dlls.

The rest of what you will need can be found in this tutorial.

http://scn.sap.com/community/interoperability/microsoft-net/blog/2013/02/14/connecting-to-sap-with-n...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone post an example on how to use transactions to update, delete or insert a new row in SAP tables using SAP.NET connector 3.0?

Thanks

Edited by: unosinu on Oct 21, 2011 11:24 AM