cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java heap space problems on PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been working on PI 7.1 for some months now. From the beginning I have the problem that after 30 minutes - 1 hour working in PI repository (mappings), I get the error message "java heap space".

I know the workaround of applying more than 512 MB to the Java application on my local machine. But that's just a workaround, and that just lets me work longer in repository until I get Java heap space again.

So what is the reason for this issue? Is it a bug? I know many people on different PI 7.1 systems who have the same problem. How can it be that there is no official solution from SAP?

Thanks,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Check this blog:

Solving u2018Out of Memoryu2019 problem u2013 Using JNLP

/people/keerti.nayak/blog/2007/03/05/solving-145out-of-memory146-problem-150-using-jnlp

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

this blog is just a workaround. The basic problem is that XI/PI is using excessive amounts of RAM on the client side for executing mappings in IR with non-trivial XSD's. I can tell you from experience that this point is a real pain and customers really hope this will improve. Because we often run into this problem in our normal mapping development. The client memory is limited and even for medium complex XSD's quickly exhausted.

This behaviour has not improved since XI 3.0 until PI 7.1 (although PI 7.1 improved memory usage and stability on the server side).

I do not know which exact component (XSD-Parser, whatever, maybe 3rd party component) is responsible for this unperformant memory usage when executing mappings in IR, but it should be analysed and fixed by SAP because it is bad programmed currently.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Did you eventually resolve the issue? We are experiencing the same memory issues even though we have increased the two parameters below:

com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.initialheapsize = 512m

com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize = 1024m

Thanks!

Joe Haynes

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto to Exchange Profile and you must to modify the next options:

com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.initialheapsize

com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize

Try to increase com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize option and test it.

Exchange Profile is a web aplication. You can to access it throught click in Administration options in the main page of SAP PI. http://server:port/rep.

I hope that works

Best regards

Ivá