cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System logs for all remote servers is not working .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are having 8 application servers with a central instance. But when we try to see system logs in sm21 for all remote servers , it only displays logs for 4 application servers.

It displays system logs locally after login to the individual application server.

Also it displays logs one application server but not for other application server even if they both share same server

Database : DB2

R3 4.7 ext.110

If Anybody have a hint, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your instance numbers different for all instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Instance no. are diff.

In SM21 --->ALL remote server logs , it only shows logs of instances having no 00 but not for intances with other numbers 01,02

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar,

Are you able check for one remote sytem by SM21->Choose->Remote system and then enter the instance name->Reread ?

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I can only see 4 instances out of 9 there. That is the problem. SM21---->ALL remote server logs shows logs of these 4 instances.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Instance no. are diff.

... instances having no 00 ...

sorry, I don't understand.

How many instances with no 00 are there? One ore more?

Please clarify!

If certain instance numbers cannot be reached, one idea would be to check if all their SAP ports are present in your /etc/services file. I think if something is missing you should get an error message telling you so though. But it can't be bad to check anyway.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

We have 4 instances with system number 00 and all of them are on 4 diff. hosts.(hostnames) and 4 with system number 01 ( Can't see system logs in SM21--->all remote server logs for them ).Also one instance with system no. 02 ( can't see system log ).

Send process in running for all instances and /etc/services has ports.

rslg/collect_daemon/listen_port = 1400 ( for instances with system no. 00 )

rslg/collect_daemon/listen_port = 1401 (for instances with system no. 01

rslg/collect_daemon/listen_port = 1402 ( for instances with system no. 02 )

also talk port are diff.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we found the cause:

SAP note 25526 says that rslg/collect_daemon/listen_port (and rslg/collect_daemon/talk_port as well) should be the same for all instances.

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Mar 27, 2009 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

But it is not mandatory. I have copied few line from the note : 25526:

If several R/3 instances are configured on a host, the parameter

rslg/send_daemon/listen_port

rslg/send_daemon/talk_port

must be set for the sender in the individual instance profiles so that the combination host name + port number is unique. For example:

The instances 'instance01' and 'Instance02' are running on 'Host A'. Then for example

rslg/send_daemon/listen_port 1201

rslg/send_daemon/talk_port 1301 for instance01

and

rslg/send_daemon/listen_port 1202

rslg/send_daemon/talk_port 1302 for Instance02

can be selected.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quite interesting.

There is a diffeernce between English version and German version here.

I was referring to the German version, because that's my mother tongue.

And this says:

Es ist unbedingt erforderlich, dass die beiden Nummern 'rslg/collect_daemon/..._port' für alle Instanzen desselben Systems gleich sind.

In English this would be:

It is mandatory that the two numbers 'rslg/collect_daemon/..._port' are the same for all instances of one system.

So which version do you trust?

You decide.

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Mar 27, 2009 11:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe ,

I trust and respect both language.

Please read below lines after " Es ist unbedingt erforderlich, dass die beiden Nummern 'rslg/collect_daemon/..._port' für alle Instanzen desselben Systems gleich sind"

That will clarify diff ports for diff. instances

-

-

Die vier Servicenummern können beliebig gewählt werden. Nach der üblichen Namenskonvention ist "xx" die Nummer der Instanz. Es ist unbedingt erforderlich, dass die beiden Nummern 'rslg/collect_daemon/..._port' für alle Instanzen desselben Systems gleich sind. Daher muss von der Namenskonvention abgewichen werden, wenn Instanzen unterschiedliche Nummern haben. In solchen Fällen empfiehlt es sich, diese beiden Parameter in DEFAULT.PFL aufzunehemen.

Wenn auf einem Host mehrere R/3 Instanzen konfiguriert sind, müssen für den Sender die Parameter

rslg/send_daemon/listen_port

rslg/send_daemon/talk_port

in den einzelnen Instanzprofilen so gesetzt sein, daß die Kombination Hostname + Portnummer eindeutig ist. z.B.:

Auf 'Host A' laufen die Instanzen 'Instanz01' und 'Instanz02'. Dann kann z.B.

rslg/send_daemon/listen_port 1201

rslg/send_daemon/talk_port 1301 für Instanz01

und

rslg/send_daemon/listen_port 1202

rslg/send_daemon/talk_port 1302 für Instanz02

gewählt werden.

-

-

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to prove here.

Imho that other part that you firsts copied in English and later in German does refer to those cases where the instances not necessarily belong to the same system.

The restriction for instances of one system is there in German only.

Why don't you try?

You may or may not follow my advice.

You decide.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hats off to you. Joe.

Yes problem is with diff. port number.

I have not changed them yet as it is a production system and need chain of approvals.But now I am dam sure that this is resolved case.

Those 4 instances out 9 ( showing in Sm21----> ALL remote system logs ) have same port while other don't.

I had gone through this note yesterday but could understad that diff. ports are for diff. systems.

I think reading note is diff. and understanding note is diff.

You deserve more than 10 points.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, let's see if this really will solve your problem.

But I am quite sure ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I will update this thread after restart. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

I would recommend you to check the permissions of usr/sap/SID/<Instance name>/log directory on the application server in which it is working with the application server on which is not working

Also check whether you are able to access these directories from CI servers

It might be a permissions issue

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

checked and log files has 664 permission same as that of other intances which are being displayed in SM21---->ALL remote server logs.

Best Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar

Login to the application server in which you are facing issues

Type SM21 and then check if you are to see the local system logs of the particular server

Rohit

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that RFC connection is there to communicate with rest 4 application server

I mean are you able to login from CI to those 4 Application server remotely via SM51

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I can login to application servers and system logs can be checked locally.

Internal connections for all application servers are active and working fine.what do you think?

Best Regards,

Tushar