cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator ID is not working??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Since Today Morning I am not able to login visual admin of SAP EP with Administrator ID.My password is not working & giving me the error"Authentication did not succeed"..How can I reset Administrator id & login successfully??Is there any way I can login to Visual admin other than Administrator id ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashley

I found a similar problem which says

1. If you have ABAP stack configured as well, you can change the password in UME(Java Stack) or transaction SU01.

2. you can change the password by logging on with SAPJSF user by using ABAP

user management, it has authorization to change the password

3. With the help of SAP*

start the configTool.

goto configuration editor mode.

goto cluster_data-server-cfg-services-propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

set the parameter: ume.superadmin.password.activated to ture(default is false)

and set then set parameter: ume.superadmin.password to your password. After this restart the java cluster.

logon with sap* and password which you just set and unlock the j2ee_admin and do not forget to lock sap* again once your work is over

I hope this helps

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

Please find the procedure below:

1. Start the config tool

2.Under services look for com.sap.security.core.ume.service property and click on it

3. Under global properties we will have to look for:

ume.superadmin.activated and ume.superadmin.password

4. Currently the value of ume.superadmin.activated is false. Click on set and change its value to True to activate the user.

Note: The SAP* user is now activated. While it is activated, all other users are deactivated. You can only log on with the SAP* user.

Click on ume.superadmin.password property and then set. Change the password as you like.

Note: Now you will have to restart SAP Web AS JAVA for these changes to take effect.

Login with sap* user, unlock the admin password and then again deactivate sap* password.

Let me know of any issues

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did exactly you mentioned..But when I am trying to Click on ume.superadmin.password property and then set it is prompting me Please retype the new secured value & when I giving the password it is prompting "Incorrect Value"-The value is diffrent from the previous.How to change the password of Administrator then??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley

what was the value of ume.superadmin.activated before you changed it through config tool?

I guess it was true.

What I recommend you to do is again change the value of ume.superadmin.activated back to false to deactivate the user and then restart portal

then follow the procedure again to activate sap user*

The issue I guess is that sap* user was already activated in the system and thats why it is giving error

Anyways just deactivate it again,restart portal and then again follow the procedure,it should work

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit can u pls clear me on the point that why I need to deactivate/activate sap* in order to reset the Administrator password of EP??First of all EP is the standalone java then why we need to deactivate/activate sap* ??How Can I login with my Administrator ID??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley I guess the issue was that sap* user was already activated in system,so when you tried to change the password it was asking for the original password

Thats why I am suggesting to first deactivate the user sap* and then activate it

Then you will be able to do it

SAP has provided the functinality of sap* activate/deactivate for such type of situations and SAP recommend to deactivate the user sap* when your work is over

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the below link.....

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/j2ee-engine-visual-administrator-1589...

You can get lots inofrmation on this in google, also search Service market place to get some note regarding this.

Activate SAP* unlock administrator and then deactivate SAP*.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Edited by: Yoganand Vedagiri on Mar 25, 2009 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you able to login to Portal with same Admin ID ?

Regards

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Sir ...