Hi guys,

i have a file format as input:

KOMG|1001|01|000000000000100322|PU01|EA

KONH|20081104

KONP|VKP0|50.00

KOMG|1001|01|000000000000100425|PU01|KG

KONH|20081111

KONP|VKP0|110.00

the same file has to be outputted without any change but the file has to go specfic folders in the ftp server (like PU01) which is there in the message.

What should be the data type and mappings to be done

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you can not, because in variable substitution you pointed element of payload which structure you describe in IR.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am aware of variable substitution but can it be possible without IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want simply transfer file to file without any transformations you can use blog "How to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository" /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

If you want create target directiry using data from message you have to use variable substitution (mark 'enable' and put your message element) option in file CC and mark checkbox create target directory. But in this variant you have to describe structure of you message instead of first variant.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes off course , i have done that but i am facing some issues.

if i am making my datatype like the same structure like imput file as in:

komg

konh

konp

then all the komg are clubed then all konh are clubbed and then all konp are clubbed.

if i make nested mappinglike:

komg

konh

konp

then my mapping fails , so what sholud i do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that can be done but how will i map it to the target folder which is 1 of the component of the sender msg

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then u will nee message mapping...say one of the field in the source structure has filename map it to one of the fields in the target...and then use variable substitution ....

or u can also use dynamic configuration

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PushpaMitra,

You can use variable substitution in receiver file adapter so that you can get the target folder name from source message and put the file in that location.

Please go through this.

==> How to populate target directory from the source XML in Receiver File Adap?

Regards,

JP.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as the same file needs to be transferred at output , no need to have IR ...you can directly do ID settings.

you use dummy namespace and message interaface whereever it is required in ID