cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.0/7.1 Installation on Windows 64-bit and MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have an installed PI in one server on Windows 2003 using Oracle DB (licensed).

We wish to install PI in another server on Windows 2003 64-bit but this time it will be MaxDB.

I've tried searching and found SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 on Windows_Oracle.pdf.

Any advise please on how to go about installing PI 7.0/7.1 on Windows 64-bit:MaxDB. Thank you!

Regards,

Lex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this link not work for you?

service.sap.com/instguides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stefan!

I am now downloading the SAP DB/MaxDB installer in http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/sap_db_nt.htm.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the process to install PI:MaxDB is to start with the SAP DB installer then followed by the PI installer? Or if we have already installed Oracle, is it possible to switch it to MaxDB?

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lex,

you cannot use the SAP DB (=old name of SAP MaxDB) package you found on the old SAP DB site for your PI installation for various reasons:

a) SAP DB version 7.4 is VERY old, it is no longer supported since the end of 2006 !

b) typically, a SAP application and its DBMS are installed using SAPinst

Try checking the SAP Software Distribution Center (incl. PAM: Product Availability Matrix) on the SAP Support Portal. You can also get the correct software there (when you're an official SAP customer).

Regards,

Roland