cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Idoc needs to be translated into 4 text files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please guide me how can i achieve this.

Within XI this Idoc message needs to be translated into 4 text files:

Could you pls. confirm as...can i use MultiMapping or shall i go for BPM?

Thanks & Regards,

Y.Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread who is implemeting the same with Multi mapping

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeshwant,

create only one source structure but four target structures ...

so you will have 4 mappings ...in each one map say 10 fields to target strcuture 1 in mapping1 and next 10 to target struture 2 in mapping 2 ...and so on...

you will have only 1 receiver systems...

4 inbound interfaces ....1 RD and 1 interface determination with 4 inbound interfaces and 4 interface mappings

remove the tick " maintain order at runtime " in interface dtermination

and u will have 4 receiver agreements

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 25, 2009 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, finally here

Sender side is IDOC and i need to create 4 DT, 4 Msgtypes and 4 MsgInterfaces for Target structure

1 MsgMapping and 1 Inerface mapping

Pls. correct me if i am wrong here.

Thanks

Y.Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need 4 MsgMappings not just one. Else should be fine ;o)

Kai

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

4 mapping and 4 interface mapping..

and one interface determination with unchecked "maintain order at runtime"

Giving points is another way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should also work in your case:

1. Create your mapping program that will map the information from the source file

into the destination idoc. This has to be a 1:N split. Just make sure that the destination message type and message interface are are of occurrence N.

2. Also, you will have 2 destination interfaces and 2 interface mapping, one for the IDOC and one for the mail.

Now, there are a few essential steps in your configuration,

1. In the receiver determination, specify the 2 receiver systems, one for your IDOC and the other for your MAIL.

2. Now, you will have a condition window. Just type the condition on the basis of which the receiver has to be determined for the mail and the idoc business system. Just remember that the condition can be specified only for the source message.

3. In the Interface Determination, you have an option called RB CLASSIC and RB SPLIT. To do a 1:N split, you will have to do a RB_SPLIT.

You can even use xslt mapping to split source message type into multiple target messages types.for more information on the same check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/83/2200cb50d345c793336d9a1683163e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also try to achive it by using message branch in PI and route to your 4 files.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your suggestions...

Could you please more elaborate for your reply ...Since am using XI 3.0 and SP 19 and where i can get the option called Message Branch

Thanks & Regards,

Y.raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may check /people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

or this threat

Hope this helps!

Kai