cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP Precompilation - SAP Netweaver CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there a way to configure the Precompilation of jsp's on netweaver server? I was able to do so from the Administator console by setting compileonstartup option to true. But is it possible to configure it from web.xml or ejb-j2ee-engine.xml file??or any other configuration option availble for precompiling jsp's???

Thanks,

Mukul.

</font>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mikul,

in principle if you change a JSP file of already deployed application on the file system, it should be regenerated authomaticaly on the next request to it.

The optionon you've mentioned - CompileOnStartUp - is the way to tirn on automatic compilation of all JSPs in all applications at startup.

If you want to turn on such compilation only for one application and even for concrete JSP file, you may declare it as a servlet in web.xml :

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            JspAsServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <jsp-file>/test.jsp</jsp-file>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

Best regards

Bojidar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Opposite question:

Is there a way to disable JSP's precompilation during SCA deployment?

Unfortunately it seems like CompileOnStartUp=false and ProductionMode=false don't make any effect - all JSPs are compiled during the deployment.

Thanks

Ivan

former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

ProductionMode property doesn't intended for deloy step, but for runtime.

If it is true, this means that JSP container doesn't regenerate JSP file when it is manualy changed on the filesystem.

If it is false - JSP container checks on every request the modification stamp for the file, and if it is changed - triger rgeneration/recompilation.

In your case , it seems that you have JSPs declared as a servlets in web.xml - thus it should be generated in order to create corresponding servlet classes

Is this the case?

Best regards

Bojidar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bojidar,

You are absolutely right. This is exactly my case.

Moreover for some reason all these JSPs (declared as servlets) are not recompiled after I've made a change to them. Probably it is also because JSP is declared as servlet.

Thanks a lot

Ivan

former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

No - it should be recompiled when you change them on filesystem.

I've checked on my server and it works.