cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing docs for different company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

let's say a client has 2 company codes. of course, these company codes would have different sales orgs, and by extension different sales areas.

now further, these company codes would require billing documents each with different number ranges. normally, we define a set of sales orders and billing types for each sales org so that the number range will not be shared.

but is it possible (SAP standard) for both sales orgs to be sharing the same sales order documents and still have different billing types (e.g. invoice)? i was thinking of doing this by assigning a Document Pricing Procedure in the billing type for the second company code and then assigning the second sales org to this in OVKK. has anyone tried this?

if this will not work, is there an existing userexit for this?

many thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

This can be achieved through TVARV Table (Table of variables in selection criteria). Here you maintain the different number ranges as variables based on Sales Organsation so that based on a Sales Organisation or company code the number range will differ because of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, sunil.

is there a t-code for maintaining this table?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The T.code for maintaining the TVARV Table is STVARV and you need an User Exit to fetch from the variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, sunil.

i see... which user exit? so, when this has been enhanced, the system will automatically select the parameter and then the selection options for the number range assignment depending on the sales org upon creation/saving of billing document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

I really dont know exactly which user exit to be used for the same but what i know is this can be achieved through combination of TVARV+User Exit Combination.Based on that user exit automatically it picks the number range depending on the criteria you have maintained.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends. i will still have to test the user exit approach. but i will re-open this if i have updates.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this is not possible as per standard

Because 1 sales order type can have only 1 invoice or billing type

in VOV8 if it is order related or delivery related we have to assign the billing type

It may be possible for your case

by differentiating i billing type for SALES ORG A as delivery related

for SALES ORG B as order related

I have never tried

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, rithvika.

that's what i thought, too.

but maybe somebody else has a different idea?

thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan,

One sales order type can have more then one billing type. For that you do not maintain any Billing type in VOV8. In VF01 you have to give manually the required billing type .

As you have maintained different Doc Pricing Procedure in VOFA so i think you will get different pricing procedue for different invoice types.

But one thing you can not create invoice through billing due list.

Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, subhasish.

you have a point. however, i think its possible to assign the same pricing procedure regardless of the document pricing procedure. nevertheless, i am re-thinking my earlier position on the OVKK approach.

what do you all think if i just restrict the billing type per user role/profile, which will be assigned depending on company code/sales org? this could be effective only if there are different user accounts for each company code. also, the billing type still has to be manually entered upon billing doc creation, so there is some inconvenience here.