cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete local DC from NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I developed a Local DC in NWDS, it is stored in .dtc folder, i did some changes to this DC exported in to another folder say NewFolder/LatestDC project

now i would like to delete old DC and import Modified DC

NWDS is not allowing to delete Old DC

did anyone encountered similar problem

Later Manullay deleted project from .dtc folder and restarted NWDS,this time i could not see DC project, but if i start importing from NewFolder/LatestDC project. NWDS shows a message project already exists.

Regards,

Murali

Message was edited by: Murali Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Ideally you should be able to delete the dc from NWDS. But now since you have already deleted the dc, we might not be able to find out the reason why it didn't allowed you to delete the same.

Please let me know you if you can still see the dc in the Development Configuration Perspective -> Local DC's view -> Local Development

If yes, then delete the dc from there.

Please let us know if you cannot see the dc in there.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please let me know you if you can still see the dc in the Development Configuration Perspective -> Local DC's view -> Local Development

(dc is not visible here and at the same time it's not there in .dtc folder beacuse it's is deleted but if i create a dc with same name or if i import from other location NWDS shows project already exists message)

what may be the reason?

as for my knowldge Local dc's should be able to export , import.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Switch to the Navigator view in the Webdynpro perspective from your IDE. Check if the project is existent there. If it is then delete it from the context menu.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

In that case try this manual option.

Close the NWDS.

Goto ..\.dtc\LocalDevelopment folder

Open .syncdb file in a notepad. Check if there is a entry for your dc. If yes, take a back of this file in some tmp folder. Then delete the entry of your DC and save the file

Next open the ..\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\t folder. In this folder you will see a lot of folders depending on the number of dc's. Open all the folders and check if your DC contents are still in some folder. If yes, take a back of this folder in some tmp folder. Then delete the corresponding folder.

I hope this helps.

For importing your modified dc project for the time being, you can open the zip file, open the .project file and change the name of your dc. After that you should be able to import the same.

Regards,

Shubham