cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I have a implementation question on RFC adapters.

In the backend R3 system, I have a customized Z-table which would be updated by a changed SAP program (enhancement). This changed SAP program would call the custom ABAP program (the RFC-abled program) to update the Z-table. I would like the table data to be sent to XI whenever the table is updated, what are the options to trigger this information to be sent to XI?

Do most people change the RFC program so that it can call the XI adapter through RFC destination? or are there other options?

Thank you

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write an abap program that makes a RFC call and sends Z table data to XI. When ur enhancement updates the Z table, make the enhancement call the program which calls the RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thans Praveen!

when you say make a RFC call from the ABAP program, do you mean that it will call the RFC destination created for the RFC adapter?

Thanks

George

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just have a look at this option-

Configure a JDBC Adapter as Sender , it will poll the SAP Table directly and get the data into XI. So whenever table gets updated, you will get that data into XI, by JDBC sender Adapter.

Otherways are , making a ABAP proxy, i.e whenever table gets updated, at the end of the RFC call, you are calling an ABAP program which will populate the data from table and sent into XI.

And other option is using Sender RFC adapter. Whenever Table gets updated, make sure that other RFC will be triggered so that it will come to XI.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As your call is asynchronous and you want to update a ZTABLE, it's better if you use ABAP Proxy.

Also, SAP does not recommend to touch the database directly. You can write the code in your ABAP proxy to update the table.

There is no need to create a RFC for updating the database table.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Do most people change the RFC program so that it can >>call the XI adapter through RFC destination?

create a new RFC with parameters that you need to send to XI. In ur existing RFC, call the new RFC using RFC destination.

You configure the sender RFC adapter send these messages to XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at this help page, but I still don't see how the RFC will be triggered...

This will be a R/3->XI-->Legacy System and there will be a Z-table created on the R/3 side so that ideally, this RFC will trigger the data sent to XI when the Z-table is updated...

Thanks

George