cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue regarding BOM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ve created bom and when i go for Transfer order i get the error as "material does not exist or not activated" how to solve this.. plz help

regards

Edited by: chetan matur on Mar 25, 2009 9:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chetan,

I hope you have configured Lean WM, in that case Check

1. Primarily can you check OMS2, check you material master. (whether you have mainatained WM Views)

2.Whether you have assigned warehouse no to Plant/Storage location

3. Define control parameters for warehouse no. IMG --> LE --> WM --> MD --> Define control parameters for wharehouse nos. (you will have to activate Lean WM)

4. setup atleast two storage types

- picking storage type as the source storage type

- shiping area as destination storage type deliveries

5. Then you need to create a material

Please check and revert

Regards

Sathya

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have created a component, check in MM02 in which plant it has been created. Also if you have Warehouse concept, then ensure that for that material, Warehouse Management views are extended in material master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check for the material , the details of it , the plant for which it is created etc.

also check if the correct BOM uusage is entered.

Hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ve checked.. plant is ok, and bom usage is also correct...

I am working on IDES..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have checked the Usage (usage 5), now check the Plant for which you have created your BOM material.

Ensure, that the Plant and Storage location has been assigned to the Warehouse from which you are Picking the BOM material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> i ve created bom and when i go for Transfer order i get the error as "material does not exist or not activated" how to solve this.. plz help

> regards

>

> Edited by: chetan matur on Mar 25, 2009 9:42 AM

Hi Chetan,

Check the BOM you have created , for which material the error message is pop ups. That matearial might have not been created /maintained properly and not activated in SAP.

Regards,

SAN