Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2 : failure to create proxy classes for Business Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the V2 beta, I do the following:

1. create a new project

2. add a SAPProxy item

3. Go into Server Explorer and open the BOR item Logistics Execution.Shipping.Inbound Delivery

4. Drop "Inbound Delivery" on the SAPProxy designer

5. "Retrieving data" dialog displays and progress bar "progresses" to end

6. A dialog box titled "Server Explorer" pops up with the message "Process must exit before requested information can be determined."

7. Clicking on the OK button causes this dialog to go away, but the "Retrieving data" dialog remains up until it is manually closed, and the classes for Inbound Delivery are not created.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did the final version get the ability to configure the timeout? I am having this problem with the final release, with the updated SAP.Connector.Design.dll dated 10/13/04.

Thanks,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, I am with version 2.0, knows if already this problem was corrected, how I can be deciding this problem?

Urgent!

Silvio

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the problem as arrise if you drag the functions individually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have problem when i drag bapi or other function individually into .sapwsdl designer. where should i keep this. .dll file and what might be the problem. i am using connector 2.0 and VS 2003.

Thanks for any help.

Nihad

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, this is the typical "timeout" problem that we already had in NCo 1.x: If the Java program fetching the data (in conjuction with the SAP server) needs longer time that the .NET Connector designer is willing to wait, you will see the error.

In NCo 2.0 you can work arround the problem by dragging the methods of the Business Object one by one. Unforturnately you would loose some of the "Auto Customizing" that is normally done after a BOR object is generated, so you would e.g. need to rename the methods and parameters by hand according to the information in Server Explorer.

I think I will make the timeout longer (or make it configurabe) for the final version to solve the issue.

Thanks for the feedback,

Reiner.