cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call ABAP TCODE from Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have a requirement to call SAP transaction / report from WebDynpro Java.

Is this possible in the first place? If yes,what are the steps for achieving it ?

Any pointers / guides will be of great help.

CHEERS

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why dont you do with Transaction iViews

Instead of developing @WD . It's not advisable also to do in WD.

Regards

-SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Correct me if I am wrong , does this need EP installation ?

We just have an ECC system with no EP component. Can we still create / use iViews ?

CHEERS

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

For creating iView you indeed need EP environment.

Top of all your WD application will also need iView and Portal.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Enterprise Portal is a component in the Netweaver environment. Without installing this EP you cannot use (Test) any iviews developed using Webdynpro Java. So, It is imperative for you include EP component.

I hope this clears your issue.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to access the ABAP tcode using the ITS, and in webdynpro using linkto URL UI element pointing to this URL of ITS page.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

use LinkToUrl

and set referece with

url

http://<hostname>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction='<Tcode>'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement, I have to call an already existing ITS application through my Webdynpro Java application.

As suggested, we can use the LinkToUrl element.

But how can we obtain the URL for the ITS page to set in teh reference property?

If i use http://<hostname>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction='<Tcode>', I am getting some error.

Please, let me know how to find out the URL of the Page which includes the SAP IAC iView.

Thanks,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I understand, your requirement is to navigate from web dynpro java application to already existing ITS application within the portal.

Create separate iviews for both the applications.

On click of the LinkToURL on first application you will navigate to the second application.

Just preview the ITS application and see the URL in the address bar. It is this URL which you will use in the web dynpro application (in LinkToURL).

Regards,

Radhika