cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple shipment agaisnt single delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can we have multiple shipment documents against a single delivery. If yes what are the instances where we can have this scenario. i.e. what we need to do in the config and also which process business need to follow to satishfy this scenario.

Thanks.

Laxmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmikanta,

Yes we can do multiple shipment for single delivery please follow the below steps.

1) Once you create a delivery go to t-code VT01N

2) Create the first shipment as you generally do.

3) If you want to create another shipment then you need to change the shipment type and create subsquent shipment.

4) You can create as many subsequent shipment as you want.

5) For this you need to remove the check mark from the delivery status " Do not select deleveries already in subsequent legs"

Once done you will be able to create as many shipments as possible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Rohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in the system.Ur right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

Thanks for the great input and can you please let me know in what scenarios this is used.And one more clarification

For this you need to remove the check mark from the delivery status " Do not select deleveries already in subsequent legs" where exactly this has to be done.Please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

It's realy a good answar. But some question???

But in my scenario we are sending the goods in different shipments to different locations against a single delivery document.

So can it possible we can able to assign the ship to party in different shipment document or can able to define the different shipping locations atleast for sifferent shipment documents with refer to a single delivery document.

Thanks.

Laxmi.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

first of all, thank you for that added info, even though i merely am a reader in this thread. but may i add to the queries?

why would you need multiple shipments for a delivery? is it because a delivery might not fit into a single shipment? if this is the case, a delivery split may be more appropriate.

nevertheless, a very interesting workaround by using subsequent legs.

regards.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmi,

You can try with this option,

Go to VT01N transaction enter Transportation planning point and Shipment type then click n the Deliveries Push button to select the deliveries now system will take you to the Select Outbound deliveries selection screen here you enter the required data in addition to that you enter the Trans.plan.status field as C -Completely processed then execute now system may consider already shipment document created deliveries also.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In sap standard system it will not allow to create multiple shipments for single delivery

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

It is not possible to combine Multiple Shipments for a single Delivery as you cannot assign a delivery more than to one shipment.