cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Hyperlink dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my application , iam using one table , one of the field in that table is input field,

when i entered data in that field at runtime, automatically that field value should become hyperlink, to show another table.

is it possible to do, if possible please help me in this how to create field dynamically.

regards,

sush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding on to the above replies..

You can make use of the OnActionEnter of the Input feild. Here when the use clicks on Enter use can display the other table.

Regards,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

What I get is that at runtime, you will fill the input field with some value & wish to have the field changed to a link.

Adding to what Armin has said, keep the input field as it is. Add a new column in the table, create the TableCellEditor of type LinkToURL (if it is a URL value) or LinkToAction (if some value).

For LinkToURL type, set the 'reference' property to the same context value attribute as the input field.

For LinkToAction type, set the onAction event where you call the appropriate code.

You can also set the 'text' property as Link or bind it to this context value attribute as well.

Hope this works.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Mar 25, 2009 9:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert.

just you have to get text from input at time of Enter and set into text propery of UrlToaction Ui element.

value attribute-- url.

value attribute-input.

suppose your value attribute as -"input" binding into Input Ui elemnt.

Value attribute as url -have to set "getInput" text into url attribute at time of enterkey

you will enter the key.

suppose onEnterKEy action

onEnterKey(event){

wdcontext.currentContextElement().setUrl(wdContext.CurrentContextElement().getInput());

}

hope this will work

jati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sush,

As Armin said I am not sure why u want so but still if you want to do so here is the way.

you will bind the input field to some context attribute and will use link to URL UI element for hyperlink now if you bind the property "reference" of the UI element "link to URL" to the attribute you have bind to input box you will achieve desired result.

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a strange requirement. An InputField should become a link after entering a value? Why not just add a button/link in another table column that executes the action?

Armin