cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using XI as FTP without mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I need to use XI just to pick up one file and put it on a server without mapping.

The thing is that I don't want to specify the structure of the file in a datatype so I made the datatype with the structure: RECORD-File(String).

In the mapping, I link the two 'File' fields and during Configuration, I do not activate File Content Conversion in order to keep the structure of the file just as is.

The problem is that when I try the interface, I receive the next error:

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_QM024_V01_COM_File_SAP_TO_BPS_</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.Parser~</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>During the application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_QM024_V01_COM_File_SAP_TO_BPS_ a com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException was thrown: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.Parser~</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

Any Idea? Thankyou.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If your target message type and source message type is same, no need of mapping. Just create two message interfaces(Outbound and Inbound ) and do the rest.

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visa,

For transfering a file w/o any message processing, you need to create a MessageInterface/mapping. You can just specify dummy interface and namespace (which doesnt actually exist in IR). Hav a luk at the folling thread..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visa,

Just create a message type with a segment and a field in it.

Just pick up the file row by row.

Do not create any message mapping. Just create two MI with the same message type.

This way you XI is acting as FTP.

Regards

Vijaya