cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Application server in heterogeneous windows R/3 environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if sap supports running linux applications servers (dialog) with a windows central instance and a 10g oracle database running on windows 2003 platform? We currently are a windows shop running ERP 2004 on the windows 2003 platform. We are looking to add some application servers and was wondering if we could use linux as the os for our new application servers.

any information would be greatly appreciated,

Rock

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the note: [1067221 - Composite note for heterogeneous installation|https://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1067221]

I am not so sure the combo CI on windows and DI on linux. It is definitely not supported for AS Java (look that the attached pdf in the note). Why are you not just installing the DI on windows?

Best regards, Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. We are just going to install a windows app server. Very helpful note. I was only hoping to get some linux experience.

Edited by: Rock Dellasandro on Mar 25, 2009 10:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is only for test purposes, then ok. I just wouldn't recommend that setup for real production systems. SAP on linux is pretty mature and stable in my experience. It is pretty straight forward if you already have unix background, but it is very different if you come from the windows world. But hey, it is never too late to learn something new

Regards, Michael

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rock Dellasandro,

Yes.... we can do that SAP supports heterogeneous environment.

Regards,

S.Manu.