cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/usr/sap/<SID>/ directory more than 95% used ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are runnining on SAP Netviewer(7.0) with both ABAP + Java instance in our BW production system and directory /usr/sap/BWP was 95% used;

I checked everything and could not able to find any core file; and all standard cleanup jobs area running but i found that files dev_dispatcher and dev_jcontrol are big; can any body tell me how to clean up these files

our /usr/sap/BWP directory is 10GB and out of which 9.2GB already been used

Please help, if any one has some clue

Thanks,

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly delete all files in the work directory when the system is down. Once you start the system, it will automatically create the files in the work directory..

The similar way you can delete the log files too in the other location like log files in the server0, JSPM and SDM too.

Have a backup of these files, for your reference..

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

i nullfy the dev_dispatcher from /usr/sap/<SID>/DVE*/work and it saved me around 1.8GB Space; so things are in control now but still my system is using 7GB space in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS50 directory with space utilization as below

/usr/sap/BWP/DVEBMGS50/ SDM -1.7GB

work 1.4GB

j2ee 2.6GB

data 388MB

can any body tell; what i can clear in each of these directories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Please find SAP note on what can be deleted if your file system is full.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=16513]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to SAP Note:16513

It talks about how to clear the file system usr/sap/SID if it is getting full.

You should be free up some space after this

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

did you try to look for .*zip files in this path: /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/archive? (are hidden files)

Also, try to look for files with extension *.trc *.log *.b00 analyze them and after make a backup of them make a erase of them from disk.

I hope it helps you.

Regards.