cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control for sales orders and deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the point of creating a delivery, through VL01N, the below error message is received.

'Copying is not possible becuase an entry is missing in Table TVCPL:[delivery type] [sales order type] [Item category]'

Is this because copy controls have not been maintained for sales order type and delivery type?

If so, pleas inform how to carry it out.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Kase,

In your case, copy control is missing between the delivery type and your order type.

To create control from order to delviery - use the TCode VTLA.

There you check whether entry is maintained for your sales doc type and your order type.

I hope - you might not have maintained the entry over there. That is why you are getting this problem.

Copy the existing copy control between LF and OR and rename it to your order type and save it.

It will resolve your issue.

Some more info:

Copy control from delivery to Billing : VTFL

Copy control from Billing to Order: VTAF

Copy control from Order to Billing: VTFA

Copy control from order to Delivery: VTAA.

To remember these TCode, A-Order, L- Delivery, F-Billing.

Tcode will be like : VT (Destination)(Source)

Ex: Copy control from delivery to Billing: VT F L

Hope it will resolve your issue. Kindly close the thread if it is answered..

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kase,

Please maintain the requireed copy control in tcode VTLA...

Suppose your SO type is OR and Delivery type is LF.

Then please maintain the copy control at all the levels i.e Header, line item level.

Once done.Then try to create a delivery with reference to SO it shall work fine.

Hope it helps..If any thing is still do get back i will be available to help you on this.

Thanks and Regards

Rohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In the t code VTLA check the copy controls from sales oreder to delivery.

if they are not maintained then copy LF to OR and rename them as per your SALES ORDER TYPE

The error is comming becasue of copy controls are missing from order to delivery.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

No- the item category is not determined go to IMG transaction 0184- Delivery item category to maintain setting