cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound delivery EDI setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When executing goods issue for a delivery, we want to send a DESADV (Shipping notification) via EDI to our customer. Is LALE the standard output type to use? What are the configuration steps involved in making this possible? Please also include EDI steps (Details of WE20, SALE etc).

Also, where can I define own process codes in the partner profiles for outbound messages (like DELV, SD04 etc)?

Thanks

Lars

Edited by: Lars Tornblom on Mar 24, 2009 10:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day Lars,

Should be bog standard SAP functionality. As this is a SAP system -> SAP system 'process integration' the Inbound equivalent of the Outbound should do the trick. You will need to set the Sites/Plants up in WE20 as explained previously with the Inbound and Outbound settings (I am assuming that any Plant can issue/receive from any other Plant). Follow the same steps I outlined for the Outbound parameters for the Inbound, except you will see that there is no Message Control section for Inbound - as we aren't triggering outputs for Inbound. Use the DESADV IDoc Message Type and assign Process Code 'DELS' to it. For your own knowledge, it is the Process Code that drives all the functionality. It is essentially the 'engine' for the IDoc, that has a function module underneath it doing the grunt work. In this case it calls function module 'IDOC_INPUT_DESADV1', which checks the PO and creates a delivery for it.

It's all native functionality so you shouldn't have to come up with a custom Process Code. What you should see - all things working as they should , is the E1EDL24 (Delivery Line item segment) filling the child segment E1EDL41 with a qualifier '001' Purchase order data of customer' and the fields BSTNR filled with the STO number and POSEX with the position/line number.

If you have packed the issued delivery using HU managament, then you should also expect to see segment E1EDL37 filled with the HU's details. These are linked back to the line items via E1EDL44 (a child segment under E1EDL44).

I hope this helps out mate. There is some wicked functionality in there... Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Paul...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

To trigger EDI outputs (of whatever type of outbound sales IDoc) is pretty easy to set up.

1. Ensure that your Output Determination Procedure has been set up and linked (Output Control within the Basic Shipping Functions node of the IMG) - Maintain and Assign. You could use either 'LAVA' or 'LALE';

2. If you need to trigger only on PGI, then assign the standard requirement '1' to the condition type in the output determination procedure;

3. Set up your Partner Profiles via WE20 - if you are only sending through to specific customers then use 'KU' partner types. If you intend to send out ASN's to potentially 100's or thousands, then set up a Logical System e.g. 'ZSHP_ASN' (or whatever naming convention your customer has. Save.

4. Create an Outbound Parameter, inputting Message Type 'DESADV' and the relevant Receiver Port. Set 'Transfer IDoc immediately' radio button, Basic Type will be one of the DELVRY01 - 03, or more likely the DESADV01 Message Type;

5. Select Message Control. Your application will be as per your output determination setup i.e 'V2', select your Output Type e.g. 'LAVA', select your Process Code - probably 'SD05' based on your stated requirement.

Give that a lash and let me know how you get on. Once you have sorted that I can step you through the slightly trickier stuff i.e. Custom Process Codes and settig up RFC destinations, port config etc

Cheers,

Paul...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Now, what we really want to do is to use the data in the shipping notification to create an inbound delivery for a receiving plant. We have a stock transfer scenario where we ship materials from one plant and receive it in another with using stock transport orders.

So in order to use the outgoing IDOC for the shipping notification as input data for the inbound delivery (tc VL31N, also message type DESADV); what is the best practice? To create a new inbound process code ( tc WE42) that creates a new inbound IDOC with data from the shipping notification? The inbound process code would then be used in the inbound parameters for DESADV in the partner profile (tc WE20).

Or what is the best practice to kick off inbound IDOCs based on outbound (in for example, plant to plant scenarios)?

Regards,

Lars