Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing multi-lingual texts in Smartforms

PrasannaGunji
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In smartforms, I need to print a variable with some text in English in different languages such as French, German etc.

Is there any way to translate text in English to different languages dynamically in smartforms?

Appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PrasannaGunji
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain the text as standard text in so10 with all translations and then use include text by passing the spras as variable having the language at runtime

PrasannaGunji
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am already using SO10 for some texts, but it becomes a huge task to maintain large number of text elements.

I am trying to find a way to dynamically translate text (originaly in English) to be displayed in multiple languages. Please advice.

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna Gunji on Mar 24, 2009 8:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

why wud u have large number of text elements?

are u using include text node or not,

suppose u have one text which has translations in 3 languages the one include text is all what u need, u just have tp pass a variable in the spras field of include text, and it will pickkup the language depending on spras,

the transalations in different languages need sto be maintained for u, sap doesnot translate itself, so have to maintain all the transalations

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

u canmaintains a program for creating text editor and saving the details as required